You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Rewrite Assistance

Matthew Wurzbach

Matthew Wurzbach
Posted
Posted (edited)

The current draft of the policy could use quite a bit of work from a technical perspective. There are numerous errors, formatting issues, layout issues, issues with structure, and other technical writing faux pas.

I have extensive experience with technical and policy writing from both employment and volunteer organizations of which I have been a part. I'd like to offer my assistance in rewriting the policy to make it more clear, concise, and easily referenced. Frankly, I don't really have the time to waste if the assistance is not wanted or will be discarded, so rather that put in a dozen hours to fix the document only to have it moved to the digital trash bin I figured I would ask first.

I'm more than happy to do this since it's clear this document is going to be a big change and affect many people. I'd like to help make sure it is written professionally. Feel free to reach out to me on Discord or in the thread here.

Edited by Matthew Wurzbach
  • Like 2

Posted
Posted

This. The current draft of GCAP has way too many items and terms that are very vaguely defined and we have had a lot of issues in particular with this matter. A good proper revamp of GCAP to make it a proper formal policy is nothing but necessary.

C1-rated controller

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

We will take you up on that offer when the time comes. Thanks!

• Like 1

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"