You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Tweaking of GCAP after it comes into effect

Posted
Posted

Will we able to put in extensive feedback about the effects of the GCAP, in case we are not happy with the way it works and in case it causes more trouble than the old GRP and TCVP? If so, to what extent will this be regulated and to what extent will this feedback be processed?

C1-rated controller

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

This policy will be alive and open for revisions after release. That's a massive place where the GRP failed us.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Matthew Bartels said:

This policy will be alive and open for revisions after release. That's a massive place where the GRP failed us.

Thanks much!

C1-rated controller

Hugo van IJperen
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Matthew Bartels said:

How will this be guaranteed? Put it in the policy, make the policy up for review every x time. I cannot take your word for it.

• Like 3
0.png

Nolan Danziger
Posted
Posted

Me neither. Especially after some of the conversations we've seen in this thread.

• Like 2

Posted
Posted (edited)

I agree with the above and it’s one of the reasons why I asked. Another member pointed out in one other thread that a lot of the suggestions and discussions that we bring forward often get dismissed, so it makes me think, what is the point of public review if the big “hot” topics (solos, visiting, activity, etc.) will stay as they are, to much dislike for most of our members here? But hey, that’s just speculation so I wait to see what comes out of it.

Edited by 1341101

C1-rated controller

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

The GCAP committee is not consisting of only one person. There are several people behind the scenes that are discussing points from everything that has been discussed on the forums here. Mentioning that every point get's "dismissed" is not the way to go just because someone is debating points being made on the forum. Remember that everyone has their own opinion and that a middle ground needs to be found in order to settle on the final decision on XYZ clause of the new policy. You've seen so far only one person respond to all of the members questions/complains/suggestions from the Board of Governors during this public discussion. Doesn't mean that thing's get "dismissed" from your end that we aren't discussing it behind the scenes. 

I understand that this whole completely new policy is the hot topic right now which will affect different aspects of the network in terms of air traffic controllers training and so forth. But do we really need to say that things are getting dismissed? Just because it is primarily one person responding to multiple hundreds of posts? I think that words can also be easily manipulated when things are written on text. Perhaps potentially a town-hall meeting would be beneficial with this sort of public discussion as it would potentially be easier understood verbally?

• Like 3
CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png