You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Atis not working.

Johnathan Guif

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted

Hi, I have been having issues with the Atis in V-pilot. when Atis is online for the airport I am at and I tune it, I don't hear anything. Atis wont start relaying the information at the airport. I have tried re-installing v-pilot several times with no success. If anyone can share some information on how to fix this and get the atis to start working again, that would be great.

Alexandra Robison
Posted
Posted

Voice ATISes have not been the most reliable lately. If you double click on the ATIS in your pilot client, you will get the text version.

• Like 1

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted

Thank you! I've had a couple of issues with it lately and I really appreciate the advice.

• 4 weeks later...
Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

You're not the only one, it's particularly frustrating when you cannot get the ATIS (most of the time) and approach comes on and assigns a downwind runway when you at least expect to get something heading into the wind. It only gets worse when he gives you a new star after you've initiated on the one Simbrief assigned. It happened to me today. ATC should try and coordinate with Simbrief or at least not surprise you with a downwind approach until Vatsim have resolved their ATIS problem. 

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

There are many, many reasons why the directional flow at an airport on VATSIM might not match the directional flow in use at the same airport's real-world counterpart.  Depending on levels of controller staffing and levels of air traffic, it can be either WAY easier or WAY harder to switch an airport's operating direction mid-flow on VATSIM than in the real world.  The wind is far from the only consideration.

If the VATSIM ATIS isn't working by voice, it's almost always working by text.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Also, it has nothing to do with vPilot....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

Like real life many pilots don't listen the ATIS anymore. Reading it either directly from ACARS or printing it out is much faster. 

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

A patch was applied to the AFV voice server yesterday that should have addressed the voice ATIS issues. 

Unfortunately, the patch didn't fix the voice ATIS issues.

Edited by Justin Shannon
  • Like 4

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

Very good news. I like 🙂

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png