You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Xpilot stuck at "waiting for xplane connection" no matter what I do!! --FIXED

Andrew Segreti

Andrew Segreti
Posted
Posted (edited)

Trouble began when I was trying to get xsquawkbox with xplane and it was all working except for a complete lack of audio on the in game radio calls. Received text, but no audio except for ATIS

So I made the switch over to the Xpilot client, deleted xsquawkbox files from the pluggins folder of xplane, and downloaded Xpilot. It had mentioned another pluggin that would conflict with Xplane, but when inspecting the xplane pluggins folder, everything was as if in a new download of xplane. After installation finished, Xpilot was stuck on the "waiting for xplane connection" line, and never advanced beyond it even after opening Xplane and searching in Pluggins tab for connection. Nothing showed up in the Pluggins tab in xplane, even though the pluggins file folder was populated with the xpilot folder. 

So I deleted everything, xplane and xpilot, reinstalled everything and tried to connect it again.... same result. Still "waiting for xplane connection" 

Rebooted the system, nothing changed.

That's where I am now and pretty frustrated... Did I miss a step, or is there some access I need to allow before the xpilot will connect? Any advice?

Edited by Andrew Segreti

• Andrew Segreti changed the title to Xpilot is totally not working, no matter what I do!!
Andrew Segreti
Posted
Posted

Update... something is getting through because when I change the radio Frequencies from the G1000 in xplane, the Frequencies in the xpilot dialog box change as well. 

BUT its still saying that it is waiting for xplane connection.

Andrew Segreti
Posted
Posted

Update: Got it working. I just followed the steps on this troubleshooting thing. And it took care of the issue. It was just that I failed to specify the file path address when downloading the program. As soon as I did that while redownloaded everything, it all started working. 

Thanks for the support my bro's. Lol 

image.png.b2df44d3a87b762250d73c379cf514be.png

• Andrew Segreti changed the title to Xpilot stuck at "waiting for xplane connection" no matter what I do!! --FIXED