You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight plan changes at approach using a320 Flybywire(MSFS)

Filipe Fontes

Filipe Fontes
Posted
Posted

Hello,

recently I had a problem flying in VATSIM (MSFS). I was flying with the Airbus A320 by FlyByWire. All the flight went smooth but at the arrival the ATC asked me to change my STAR and later my landing runway. When I changed the STAR in the flight computer the flight plan got messed and the plane started flying back or to a point where the flight plan was going to over.

Idk what I did wrong since I changed the STAR and runway and just wanted the aircraft the keep following the flight plan.

Also a yellow line appear in the GPS showing the new path but the aircraft didnt follow it.

Another thing, the autopilot disconnected by it self and I couldnt turn it on again.

Was it my fault or it is a ingame AP bug?

Thank you for your help!

Spender Vondel
Posted
Posted

I would contact the FBW team on Discord to help you with this.

Honestly, I stopped flying the A32NX/MSFS 2020 for the time being because - in my opinion - it's not equipped yet to efficiently fly VATsim: there's too many features not working or buggy, especially when changing the flightplan enroute. Add to that the current weather/altitude bug in MSFS 2020 and it's just a big no-no for me.

X-Plane 11 + Toliss A321 just works so much better. I'll stick with that until the Fenix A320 is released.

James Atkinson
Posted
Posted

The A32NX works just fine on VATSIM and the altitude big has been fixed. Just fly the development version which always has new improvements.

The issue here is the flight plan manager. Here’s how you handle that situation:

• After you get the new STAR put the plane in heading mode for your current course.
  • Put in the new arrival, when you save it the plane might drop back to managed mode, if so just pop it back to heading mode.
  • Check the ND and see what it thinks your next waypoint is, if it’s correct slap it back into managed heading and you’re good
  • If it’s wrong, just enter a direct to the proper waypoint and the plane will go back into managed mode.

Since the default flight plan manager isn’t great you’ll have to keep and eye on the ND and make sure it’s sequencing the waypoints correctly but it’s normally pretty good. Luckily FBW are pretty close to an all new flight plan manager with much more accurate LNAV and VNAV! 

• Like 1

Filipe Fontes
Posted
Posted

Thank you all for your answers! Also I had another issue, the ATC told me to go directly to a waypoint right before the final. I inserted the point in the Direct To and the plane did it. But when it got to the point it started going  back, I had the ILS turned on and turned on the appr mode to capture the LOC and GS but the plane just ignored the rest of the flight plan to the airport. I end up doing a visual approach.