You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot causing massive fps drops and low performance on MSFS 2020 in Windows 11

Martin Valdes

Martin Valdes
Posted
Posted

As soon as I start vPilot, MSFS 2020 starts getting massive performance issues. I think that this is happening because of a windows service called "State repository service" (in the task manager, it appears that as soon as I move the camera in MSFS, this service starts consuming all of the cpu performance). Pls help.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Never heard of that service ... vPilot does not use it. I'm not sure what could be causing this.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 1 month later...
Martin Valdes
Posted
Posted

Can confirm it only happens with windows 11... Any ideas of why?

Stephen Olwell
Posted
Posted

I noticed this problem tonight using Windows 10.   I also noticed when I switched to windowed mode from full screen mode the problem went away.

• 3 weeks later...
Paul Kony
Posted
Posted

Hello, Im having the same issue. Any time I start and connect vPilot to my MSFS2020 the game lags and I hear stutter in headphones. I never had this issue with the game on its own. Any idea how to diagnose this problem? Thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Martin Valdes
Posted
Posted

On 10/23/2021 at 10:02 AM, Paul Kony said:

Hello, Im having the same issue. Any time I start and connect vPilot to my MSFS2020 the game lags and I hear stutter in headphones. I never had this issue with the game on its own. Any idea how to diagnose this problem? Thank you.

Do you have the same problem when you swich from fullscreen mode to windowed mode?

• 1 month later...
Colin Peluso
Posted
Posted (edited)

Did anyone find a fix for this? I’m having the same problem, both in windowed mode and full screen. Also Windows 11. Makes vPilot unusable unfortunately. 

I did some digging and that State Repository service is supposedly linked to Microsoft Edge  (I don’t even use Edge). Restarting the service temporarily fixes it, but it comes back soon after. I did notice there are two services that rely on this SR service, “Gaming Services” and “AppX Deployment Service”. If you stop the SR service, those two services will just start it back up. I’m guessing that’s where the link is to MSFS.  

Edited by Colin Peluso

• 2 weeks later...
Colin Peluso
Posted
Posted

In case anyone's interested, I discovered the issue was the Process Lasso app I had installed. After disabling it, I no longer have the problem with those two services. 

• 1 month later...
Colin Peluso
Posted
Posted

Update - I'm still running into this issue despite uninstalling Process Lasso, however not nearly as frequently. As mentioned before, the 100% CPU causes massive stutters and broken vPilot audio. It seems to happen at random intervals but at least once per flight (usually more)- same effect regardless of the amount of traffic or if tuned into an active freq. Workaround is to close the vPilot app and restart it after a minute or two once the State Repository service settles down. That usually buys at least 10-15 minutes before it happens again. 

• Like 1

Roger Gantner
Posted
Posted

what if you stop and disable that state repository service? it only captures and stores snapshots of browsing sessions... so disable it.