You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Regarding the reflection of the vPilot software on the P3DV5 platform that caused the game's video memory to burst and cause the game to crash

Lzj LIU

Lzj LIU
Posted
Posted (edited)

Before August, my P3DV5 platform connected to vPilot is normal and will not burst the video memory. Since August, vPilot connected on the V5 platform will cause the game video memory usage to increase geometrically. I have not encountered this on other Lianfei platforms. The problem is that vPilot is not a big problem when connecting to airports with few people. However, it will cause the game to explode frequently and the video memory will crash when encountering a large number of people in the airport. I have asked several P3DV5 flying friends who said that they have been flying V network activities in the recent period. Frequent bursts of video memory cause the game to crash. I hope that the official website can give feedback on this problem and solve this problem as soon as possible to provide a good joint flight experience for the majority of P3DV5 platform flying friends.

Edited by Lzj LIU

Lzj LIU
Posted
Posted (edited)

My model mapping is FLAI.I hope the developer can solve this problem as soon as possible. Thank you

Edited by Lzj LIU

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thousands of vPilot users fly with P3D V5 and FLAi with no issues. I don't know what's causing this issue on your system. Do you have any other P3D add-ons installed?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Also, what is your default model matching model set to?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations