You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Returning after a very long time

Scott Glover

Scott Glover
Posted
Posted

G’day all,

I’ve just reactivated my account after almost 5 years.  Truth be told that’s my second account, my first must be near 20 years old but was lost in an ancient email from a dial up isp. 

It’s great to see the community alive and active after so many years. I’ve been flying professionally now for 15 years (IRL) and am interested now in getting into the ATC side of VATSIM.  My reactivated account is now only 5 minutes old and this is the first stop. Checking in and saying hi o/ .  I have some reading to do. Can anyone point me in a good direction for ATC.?  I’ll be focusing on central and eastern Canada (YYZ / YUL) perhaps the east coast and oceanic. 

Thanks!

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

If not already then you'll need to become a member of VATCAN (VATSIM Canada) and the request training from them. If you're not a member in VATSIM America Region, you'll need to be transferred to them first.

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Scott Glover said:

Truth be told that’s my second account, my first must be near 20 years old but was lost in an ancient email from a dial up isp. 

You cannot hold two accounts, you need to contact membership department and have this recitified ASAP, or both accounts risk being suspended.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Scott Glover
Posted
Posted

This was rectified. 5 years ago. 

Scott Glover
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Torben Andersen said:

If not already then you'll need to become a member of VATCAN (VATSIM Canada) and the request training from them. If you're not a member in VATSIM America Region, you'll need to be transferred to them first.

Thanks. I’ll look into it after work.