You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Couldn't see other aircraft?

Ross Clarkson

Ross Clarkson
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

Last night I was on a flight from Southend to Edinburgh.

I was the middle aircraft of a group of 3 flying into EGPH. The controller separated us and managed our speeds well to ensure separation but on approach it suddenly dawned on me that I couldn't see the other Vatsim aircraft at all.

I know where they should have been and I am confident they would have been visual to me but I couldn't see any other aircraft until on the ground.

I've looked at all my settings and cant work out which setting I've got wrong. 

Anybody else experiencing not being able to see other aircraft and have any idea if there is an easy setting rectification?

On all previous Vatsim flights, I have seen other aircraft. 

Thanks,

Ross. 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Definitely need more information for the community to help you troubleshoot. 

You may consider mentioning which client you are using, and asking that this thread be moved to the correct forum. 

Depending on the client, most have some level of troubleshooting guidance.  What troubleshooting steps have you tried, and what were the results?  Does this happen every time, and/or have you tested it multiple times?  Or did it just happen once and you haven't done any troubleshooting on your own?

At least some clients allow you to select how far away to display other traffic; that may be a place to start.  That may be a sim setting too (? Not sure, because you didn't mention what sim you were using).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Clarkson
Posted
Posted

Hi Don,

Apologies.

It is MSFS and I am using VPilot as my client.

I have my settings set as usual, which is Multiplayer OFF, AI Traffic Off and Live weather set.

It never used to happen and I think it may be a sim issue following Sim Update 5 as before this I had no problems at all. I spent a couple of weeks off Vatsim until I was confident I would not get a CTD and since starting Vatsim again I have noticed I do not see other aircraft airborne at all. 

I have asked other communities and they think it might be a sim issue where the aircraft are there but just not loading into the sim at distance. 

If this thread could be moved to wherever is appropriate, that would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you. 

Ross Clarkson
Posted
Posted

Further, I have looked in Vpilot and have 100nm set as distance for other aircraft.

I believe it to be a sim issue. 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

No apologies needed!  No worries!

Gotcha.  Good luck!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations