You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

daniel button New to Vatsim and amazing first flight a big thank you to Daniel Button (EGHQ_APP)

Andrew Dellenty

Andrew Dellenty
Posted
Posted

Just a shout out to Daniel Button who was manning the EGHQ_APP during my first flight.

Thank you very much for putting up with a new pilot and being very helpful during my flight.

Thank you

MRD66 😄

• Like 2

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

It never ceases to amaze me how good VATSIM ATC can be. So helpful, even trying to help when they're up to their oxters in pressure. I think that's why folks like you and me want to give kudos where kudos is due. Well done for giving Daniel a mention, and well done to Daniel for deserving it.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Daniel Button
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the kind words, and more importantly, thanks for flying! Glad I could help out. After all, we're all here to learn, right? 😀

Welcome to VATSIM!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
DON JOHNSTONE
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/23/2021 at 11:50 PM, Daniel Button said:

Thanks for the kind words, and more importantly, thanks for flying! Glad I could help out. After all, we're all here to learn, right? 😀

Welcome to VATSIM!

I hope it's not an issue simply resurrecting a dormant  thread rather than creating a new one on the same topic?

..... I'd also like to send out a huge "THANK YOU" to Daniel in particular for a providing an amazing & very calming service for another very nervous VATSIM rookie  :).

Daniel happened to be providing a radar service on my first ever sortie with a live controller the weekend prior.  Additionally, he has also just spent some hours today & over this past weekend (RIAT) providing services at Brize & Farnborough respectively, (along with Ben Carpenter).  That actually ended up being an ideal opportunity for me to begin to find my feet with a little less pressure VFR circuit bashing without the steady stream of IFR traffic often found at the mainstream civvy airfields.  Thank you guys :).

Obviously, they are by no means alone.  Stephen (Scottish CTR), Steven (Glasgow radar or also Scottish CTR?), & Samuel (Edinburgh grnd) have been incredibly helpful  during some of my initial sorties over the past week or so too.  (I do apologise, these were just a few controllers I had an opportunity to note at the time, there have been others.)

Those that also help the community with live streams, tutorials, (or those of you who have unwittingly ended up in streams/VoDs without necessarily being aware of it in advance), you're all a massive help too.  (They undoubtedly know who they are ;)!!)

I've spent countless hours listening to comms, reading up or watching tutorials "trying" to prepare myself for VATSIM & I'm still somewhat prone to the occasional nervous burble on frequency.  (I haven't even scratched the surface.)  Nevertheless, you ALL do so much to keep  the atmosphere as light & calm as you possibly can,  that in turn really helps to minimise stress & any additional burbling with it ;).

As volunteers, the patience you all continue to display in the face of kids, the woefully unprepared that clearly just don't bother to look up a single tutorial, or when dealing with the proverbial "Captain Happy's" on frequency is also refreshing.  It appears to be a thankless task at times with some simply taking the entire network for granted but you still all keep on volunteering your free time regardless :).

THANK YOU SO MUCH ;).

Don.  (G-CGYM / G-EGYM.)

Edited by DON JOHNSTONE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1