You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX Model Matching- VPilot is Only Detecting One Folder.

Evan Hoyle

Evan Hoyle
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I reinstalled vPilot recently due to another issue I was having. After the reinstall, I noticed that all traffic is the default A321. I've read through both the manual and the FAQ, but I can't seem to find my issue. Before the reinstall, vPilot would use a plethora of models. Some from Traffic360 (yeah, I still have that. No idea why.), and others from my aircraft, like the QualityWings 757, PMDG 747 and POSKY A3XX series.

I checked my model matching settings, and found this:

8de15a13d3e9ef2061604a377b47733b.png

b0d980817ff8e0906cf6c3acaad69662.png

The only folder scanned is my ACARS folder for my VA. No other folders have been scanned. I'm not sure if anything in that folder is actually viable for traffic, but it looks like there's at least a few models and aircraft.cfg files. 

Any reason why vPilot isn't finding all my other files?

Thanks!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

For FSX, vPilot scans any folders listed in the SimObjectPaths lines in your FSX.cfg file. So that file must only have that one entry. (Or, there are entries that point to non-existent folders.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Evan Hoyle
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

For FSX, vPilot scans any folders listed in the SimObjectPaths lines in your FSX.cfg file. So that file must only have that one entry. (Or, there are entries that point to non-existent folders.)

Gotcha! Found the issue. For some reason, the copy of my fsx.cfg that I copied from my appdata/local folder didn't have all my lines of simobject folders. I've got it fixed. Thanks!