You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Invalid CID/password, tried everything i found

Aleksey Kuprin

Aleksey Kuprin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi - I can tell from a google search that this is a frequent issue, so I apologize if I have missed the solution somewhere. So far I have:

-Opened an account, verified my email and passed the test

-Waited 24h, tried to connect to e.g. GERMANY-2

-Verified the absence of any extra whitespace in the password and etc from this thread "Connection Errors - CID/Password, Connect Failed/Forbidden"

I have also seen some people solve that by activating their inactive account. I couldn't find anything like that in my profile, suppose they are old members.

Thanks for any help,

Alex

Edited by Aleksey Kuprin

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Your account is active, waiting for you to connect.  Thank you for going through the troubleshooting in that thread.  The only thing that I can think of is that you've made a typo somewhere, in your CID or password.  You may consider completely erasing those fields in your client and very carefully typing them in.  Ensure you're using the correct CID, 1586832.  If that still doesn't work, you may consider a password reset, in the event you can read the characters more clearly and get your capitalization correct.  But your credentials do work properly.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Aleksey Kuprin
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your response. I don't know how that is related, but after verifying my cid and password 3 times without luck and typing it carefully like my life depends on it - I went to initiate the password reset. As I was waiting for the reset confirmation mail - I decided to try another server before I confirm the reset. I connected to CANADA with no issues. Did not change anything in the cid/password fields. Just changed the server. After that I disconnected and was able to connect to GERMANY-1.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

That's really strange.  Must be a gremlin of some sort.  Regardless, glad you got on OK!  Welcome!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations