You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM server connection details?

John McMurdo

John McMurdo
Posted
Posted

I can't find any connection details for the VATSIM server anywhere, help!

Also before I do connect, a few questions.

If I am connecting simply as an observer,  do I have to let ground know of my presence.

Is there a system in place that will stop me spawning on top of someone elses craft (as has happened in generated craft when playing offline on a few occasions)

I am sure I will come of with some more questions before I go online :)

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

As explained in the New Member Orientation Course, your pilot client will log you in to the network. It has all the connection details pre-loaded.

When you log in as an observer, you aren't taking an active part in the network, and in fact you won't appear in any maps. ATC will have no need to talk to you at all, but you will appear in their list of members logged in, so ATC will know of your presence but will probably ignore you, AFAIK.

Spawning on top of another aircraft at your chosen gate or other appropriate login location is not uncommon. Just log off again and choose another spot!

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.