You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Is the NATTrack webpage down?

Michael Flemming Hansen

Michael Flemming Hansen
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

Since it is about time that I do a long haul over the Atlantic, I wanted to investigate the possibility of getting a pre-filed oceanic clearance, which is my understanding that you do via the NATTrack webpage, but when I login I only see a home option. Nothing more.

Am I doing something wrong or is the webpage out of order?

Cheers,
Michael

Christian Kovanen
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Michael Flemming Hansen said:

Hi all,

Since it is about time that I do a long haul over the Atlantic, I wanted to investigate the possibility of getting a pre-filed oceanic clearance, which is my understanding that you do via the NATTrack webpage, but when I login I only see a home option. Nothing more.

Am I doing something wrong or is the webpage out of order?

Cheers,
Michael

You need to be logged on vatsim as a pilot for the pilot options to show up. Just like you need to be logged on vatsim as a controller for the controller options to show up. Speaking as an oceanic controller myself, I hate the damn site and only use it during CTP where it is actually useful. Outside large events I wouldn't bother sending a request there.

Christian Kovanen
Director of VATSIM Scandinavia
Membership Audit Team Lead

Michael Flemming Hansen
Posted
Posted

Roger that, 

I will leave it be. Just on a future note. How do I ensure that I log on as a pilot? 

Cheers,

Christian Kovanen
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Michael Flemming Hansen said:

Roger that, 

I will leave it be. Just on a future note. How do I ensure that I log on as a pilot? 

Cheers,

That is very simple, just use your pilot client like you do normally when you want to fly on VATSIM. If you log on as an observer, which is an option in some pilot clients then you wont get the pilot options in natTRAK. You can only log on as a controller from a controller client like EuroScope and you need at least an S1 rating otherwise the network wont allow you to connect. There is really no way to accidentally connect as a controller. Controller options show up to those that are connected as EGGX_CTR or CZQO_CTR (or the bandbox position NAT_FSS) including any splits of those. These positions require at least a C1 rating and the appropriate endorsement from VATUK or Gander Oceanic.

Christian Kovanen
Director of VATSIM Scandinavia
Membership Audit Team Lead