You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

dark mode (feature request)

Jens Mueller-Junker

Jens Mueller-Junker
Posted
Posted

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a yet another feature request:

Can you please provide a "dark mode" (as an option in the general settings dialog box) which sets the window frame and caption to a dark / black color?

Rationale: If you put VAT-Spy on a secondary monitor, the dark colors are more comfortable for the eyes at night.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards

Christoph Reule
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jens Mueller-Junker said:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a yet another feature request:

Can you please provide a "dark mode" (as an option in the general settings dialog box) which sets the window frame and caption to a dark / black color?

Rationale: If you put VAT-Spy on a secondary monitor, the dark colors are more comfortable for the eyes at night.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards

Hi Jens,

I cannot say whether Ross Carlson, the developer of VATSpy, will actually implement a "dark mode" but you can replace the colours used in VATSpy to be easier on the eyes during night time.

A "collection" of some VATSpy themes including an instruction how to properly modify the colours you can find here:

https://github.com/mwgg/vatspy-themes

Hope that helps!

Edited by Christoph Reule

Jens Mueller-Junker
Posted
Posted

Hi Christoph,

thanks a lot - I haven't known this. You made my evening a little bit happy. 🙂

So the remaining thing is the window frame and caption, maybe Ross Carlson has some time in future. Hopefully the solution is not too time-consuming for him.

Have nice evening.

Jens

• 2 months later...
Jens Mueller-Junker
Posted
Posted (edited)

@Ross Carlson Dear Mr. Carlson, could you implement a "dark mode" (e.g. as an option in the general settings dialog box) which sets the window frame and caption to a dark / black color? That would be great. Thanks a lot. Kind regards - Jens

Edited by Jens Mueller-Junker

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi Jens, thanks for the suggestion. If I ever do a major update of VAT-Spy, a dark mode will definitely be included.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jens Mueller-Junker
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross, great, thanks a lot! Kind regards.