You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Adding Xpilot to Xplane that already has Pilot Edge in Plug In

William Scanlan

William Scanlan
Posted
Posted

Evening: newbie here, trying to add Xpilot to my Windows 10 Xplane 11.55 system. I already have Pilot Edge installed, but installation instructions seem to say to delete other multiple player options prior to adding Xpilot. Does this mean I have to remove Pilot Edge prior to XPilot installation? And if so, must I remove Pilot Edge to use Xpilot, and vice-versa. Sorry, just confused if both can be installed and used at the same time. Thanks very much for your help.

David Cross
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 9/16/2021 at 5:08 PM, William Scanlan said:

Evening: newbie here, trying to add Xpilot to my Windows 10 Xplane 11.55 system. I already have Pilot Edge installed, but installation instructions seem to say to delete other multiple player options prior to adding Xpilot. Does this mean I have to remove Pilot Edge prior to XPilot installation? And if so, must I remove Pilot Edge to use Xpilot, and vice-versa. Sorry, just confused if both can be installed and used at the same time. Thanks very much for your help.

With some aircraft you may be ok. Others not so much. Especially if your also driving AI traffic with tcas on all. I personally only fly on one network at a time. During the day PE, then in the evening over to vatsim. I simply swap out the plugin folders for the client i want to use on a particular flight. Meaning if I'm set up to fly Socal I'll drag out my xPilot plugin completely from xp<plugin folder to a save temp storage folder outside the game then move over the PE plugin in its place. I've never found the need to pick a flight from one area of coverage to another so requiring both for me is unnecessary and removes potential discrepancies.  Even though it may be possible to do so, why bother. I do know of some who routinely have both plugins installed. So in short use one at a time. I fly these networks each and every day. Let me know if you have any problems.  Hope this helps.

Dave.

Edited by David Cross

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Yes, you have to disable or remove (=move plugin folder to somewhere else) all other multiplayer plugins, otherwise they will compete for those multiplayer aircraft and you won't see anyone else online.

The easiest solution to manage this is using xOrganizer - disabling/enabling plugins through this program does the job perfectly and you will not have to move any plugin-folders anymore.