You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Date Joined

Robert Edgeler

Robert Edgeler
Posted
Posted

Good evening

I got a 1 year badge.... tonight.

I joined on December 2, 2004

As per my membership file, I may not have been over active, but joining date is joining date , that's 17 years...

I contributed a lot in that time, even put a huge fly in a retail store in CHCH attended but hundreds over 3 days promoting the Flight Sim Hobby. With Vatsim live, along with flyers flying in from Australia to excite the public Held on the 24 February 2002. See attached photos.

Just 3 years after the founding date.. still using my original membership number.

Cheers

Robert

Sun15.jpg

Sun1.jpg

Sun5.jpg

Sun13.jpg

• Haha 1

Christian Kovanen
Posted
Posted

You do realise the badges are a feature of Invision Community Forums and only signify your forums accounts age not the age of your vatsim.net account/cid.

Christian Kovanen
Director of VATSIM Scandinavia
Membership Audit Team Lead

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

After a recent forum software licensing update, all the badges/etc. are a bit wonky.  I'm not one that needs all the badges, so I'd say just hold your head up high knowing you're a long-term valued member of the community, and ignore the silly badges.

Reminds me of an old movie line...  "Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

• Like 3

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations