You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSPAX

Matthew Wilson 987467

Matthew Wilson 987467
Posted
Posted

Lately ive been having alot of graphics related problems.

Stutters on the ground, blurries in the air.

Not fun.

Well today while taxiing out to a rwy and dealing with the usual stutters i realised i hadnt set my destination in FSPax, so i ended the FSPax flight while still in motion and planned to reload the aircraft with p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers while holding short of my rwy.

Well to my utter disatisfaction i realized that FS9 was running EXTREMELY smoothly. The way it did for me long ago.

I say disatisfaction because i honestly felt the program was a little expensive after i bought it and started using it, and now i discover it was killing my resources.

Anyway I left it off and once i got in the air i saw no blurries, then i set my FPS to unlimited and they were hitting between 45 and 55, sometimes 75. With FSPax on ive been getting about 20 to 25.

I was in a major winter storm near Denver at the time.

After flying a little more without this program enabled i have been able to turn my terrain mesh back up, my sight distance back up, my cloud draw and percentage back up and so on.

Now i am not trying to dog FSPax but i was very surprised to find that FSPax was causing me such a deterioration in my graphics and my framerates.

If no one else has had this problem then i am in the wrong and this post is very innapropiate, but the difference i noticed in the quality of my flight simulation after flying without this program made me feel strongly enough to relate what id experienced on this forum.

vpa268.png