You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SELCAL notification

Lukas Igel

Lukas Igel
Posted
Posted

I don't if this is a general bug or if my vPilot just hasn't updated but whenever I get a SELCAL notification I only get the sound and the message in the sim, but not the vPilot taskbar icon flashing even though I have checked it in the vPilot settings... This way the SELCAL will almost always go unnoticed...

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Do you have any of the other taskbar flash options enabled? Do they work? Do you run vPilot as an administrator?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Lukas Igel
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply. Yes the contact me and generally message flash does work and I do run vPilot as an administrator.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I just took a look through the source code, and it seems that the "Flash taskbar on SELCAL" setting doesn't actually do anything. The code for that must have been removed accidentally at some point in the past when I did a major update. I'll add it to the todo list to get it functional again. I do not know when I will be doing the next vPilot update. It might be quite a while, since I'm currently focusing on ATC client work.

Lukas Igel
Posted
Posted

Alright that explains it then. Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...
Lukas Igel
Posted
Posted

Also if any of the vPilot devs read this:

Currently flying CTP and I thought to myself, if the SELCAL notification with the taskbar flashing is being fixed it would also be nice to have some other kind of indicator that you received a SELCAL e.g. like when you receive a contact-me or message that it opens a new message tab. Maybe that could be the same thing with a SELCAL so that it's like receiving a message from the (oceanic) controller which just says SELCAL or something... Or maybe even better create a colored message in the "Messages" tab of the frequency that's only visible to you. I would really appreciate that. Thank You :)

Drikus JansenVanVuuren
Posted
Posted

I agree with Lukas, some sort of message tab or SECAL written to the messages would be great.

Flew CTP I use headset for ATC and external speakers for other sounds, and it's easy to miss a SELCAL notification sound

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The flashing taskbar on SELCAL has been fixed in 2.8.3, which will be available soon. I also added a line in the messages window when the SELCAL alert comes in:

image.png.c592b2310bedfb6feeb4b4f3256a5180.png

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
Bernardo Reis
Posted
Posted

@Ross Carlson Would it be possible to implement something like this into vPilot, even if it only works for MSFS? It would be nice if devs have the opportunity to implement the correct visual and aural warnings of receiving a SELCAL.

Additionally, after this feature was added to xPilot, people requested this: https://github.com/xpilot-project/xpilot/issues/71

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Bernardo Reis said:

@Ross Carlson Would it be possible to implement something like this into vPilot, even if it only works for MSFS? It would be nice if devs have the opportunity to implement the correct visual and aural warnings of receiving a SELCAL.

Additionally, after this feature was added to xPilot, people requested this: https://github.com/xpilot-project/xpilot/issues/71

Yeah, that's certainly possible. Could be done through SimConnect or through a vPilot plugin. SimConnect would be preferable, better user experience, not having to install a plugin.

• Like 2

Bernardo Reis
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Yeah, that's certainly possible. Could be done through SimConnect or through a vPilot plugin. SimConnect would be preferable, better user experience, not having to install a plugin.

Brilliant! FlyByWire would be delighted to implement that, and I'm sure other DEVs would be too!

Julian Sebline
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello!

I'm from FBW development team.

I'll be happy to have a chat with you to integrate it. I'm already under this process with another third party.

Julian Sebline [Z+2 fr en esp]#8476 on Discord!

Thanks a lot

Edited by Julian Sebline
  • Thanks 1