You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

how to install an airplane

Sergei Golubtsev

Sergei Golubtsev
Posted
Posted

Good evening! problem..... when connecting, the model of the aircraft on which I am flying is not displayed, it is highlighted in red. All the ways to design it failed. Screenshots are not attached, for clarity.

Sergei Golubtsev
Posted
Posted

2021-09-28_18-40-43.png

2021-09-28_18-43-59.png

2021-09-28_18-44-48.png

2021-09-28_18-45-28.png

2021-09-28_18-45-58.png

Sergei Golubtsev
Posted
Posted

what's wrong?

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted

OK, so you seem to have a bit of a misunderstanding here - model mapping has absolutely nothing to do with your own aircraft, it is only relevant to everyone else's aircraft being shown in your simulator.

The problem here, thus, has nothing to do with model mapping, and adding more model mapping entries will not fix it.

Rather, the problem is that swift isn't connected to your simulator - that's what the "No simulator!" thing in the first screenshot is telling you. Since swift is not connected to the simulator, it doesn't know which aircraft you're flying, and it cannot autofill the aircraft type field for the connection. It's as simple as that. So what you need to do is troubleshoot the connection between Swift and MSFS.

23.png

Sergei Golubtsev
Posted
Posted

before making a swift connection, the aircraft type should be displayed in the red table. when I connect, neither the dispatcher nor Vatspy sees me and I am not displayed on the flight map.

Sergei Golubtsev
Posted
Posted
Just now, Sergei Golubtsev said:

прежде чем выполнить быстрое соединение, тип воздушного судна должен быть отображен в красной таблице. когда я подключаюсь, ни диспетчер, ни Vatspy меня не видят, и я не отображаюсь на карте рейса.

I'll attach a screenshot now

Sergei Golubtsev
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Sergei Golubtsev said:

Сейчас я прикреплю скриншот

2021-09-29_16-19-10.png

2021-09-29_16-18-26.png

2021-09-29_16-17-45.png

2021-09-29_16-17-04.png

Sergei Golubtsev
Posted
Posted

Or did I get something wrong

Sergei Golubtsev
Posted
Posted

the flight plan has been sent and registered with vatsim

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted

Yes, you did get something wrong. As I pointed out in my first answer, swift is not connected to your simulator.

You can tell this because of the "No simulator!" message in the Connect screen, and also because the light next to "simulator" in the top bar is off.

This means that it doesn't know where you are, it doesn't know what aircraft you're flying, and it can't display anything in your simulator either. Swift can still connect to VATSIM in this state, but it will by default connect you as an observer. This means that you will not be visible to others on the network, but you will be able to send flightplans, and your voice radios and text messages will work.

23.png

Sergei Golubtsev
Posted
Posted

Thank you, the question was solved...... the problem was that I left swift when reinstalling the new simulator, now I reinstalled swift again, the sim appeared in swift