You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SkyLink Virtual Airline call sign recognition (SIK)

Jean Louis Di Fede

Jean Louis Di Fede
Posted
Posted

Dear all,

My name is Jean Louis Di Fede and I'm representing SkyLink Virtual Airline (https://skylinkvirtual.com/) and I'm asking the forum help to solve a topic is really near our heart.
We've been recently recognized by Vatsim as an approved VA (https://my.vatsim.net/virtual-airlines) and we'd like all VaCC in the world to have in their own system our callsign. In Italy this have already happened and would be incredibly nice to spread the word around.

In the ICAO_Airlines file in Euroscope our callsign SIK is wrongly assigned to another VA(see in attach) and registered in GNG. 
we’d like than this to be changed globally.13FBB68E-5728-4D86-AEDF-C99B435A4F93.thumb.jpeg.f9fe7112461a6d2db6a416472c8178fe.jpeg

How I can convey the message or better to create a contact list for VaCC all over the world? My second aim is also to create a network to organize events and share information and experiences.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Have a good weekend you all,

Jean

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

Hi Jean...can't speak globally but our small community in Boston maintains an airline designator search based on:

• Real-world FAA callsign information, which I update once every 2 months. 
  • Virtual airlines that we uncover or who reach out to us.

I've just added you to our search feature here.

image.thumb.png.a36a1bba692dfe169f66039d4be9366a.png

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Christian Kovanen
Posted
Posted

I enabled your VA on all our GNG packages in VATSIM Scandinavia. With the next update the ICAO_Airlines.txt will have your VA instead of "SIKA AIRLINES".

Christian Kovanen
Director of VATSIM Scandinavia
Membership Audit Team Lead

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted
On 10/9/2021 at 8:20 AM, Jean Louis Di Fede said:

In the ICAO_Airlines file in Euroscope our callsign SIK is wrongly assigned to another VA(see in attach) and registered in GNG. 

It's not wrongly assigned to another VA. On the contrary, the code SIK is assigned to the real airline Sika Airlines.

Your VA callsign "Skylink" is also used by a real airline, SkyLink Express using the code SLQ.

Based on this, I would say the easiest way for you to make sure ATC recognises that your callsign is Skylink, would be to simply use the code SLQ.

• Thanks 1

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Duplicate posts for the same issue are not nessacery.

To have euroscope data updated you need to reach out to individual vACCS that create the data for their area. But your issue will still stand because not everyone uses Euroscope.

Put your call sign in the remarks, and if controllers are still not getting it, tell them.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Nicolas Ammann
Posted
Posted

Your VA is in the GNG Virtual Airline table already. GNG is used by many subdivisions to create their Euroscope sector files, however each subdivision has to select which VA codes they want to use (and overwrite the real world code/callsign).

I'm sure, the more your pilots fly on the network, the more subdivisions will include your code. 

Kind regards,

Nicolas Ammann

nicolasammann-2.png

Jean Louis Di Fede
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone for the great feedback and effort provided. I hope we'll be able to meet in virtual skies more and more in the future! 

Visit our website and be free to contact me on [email protected].

Cheers!

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

We participate in Worldflight as 

VOZ738
VOZ is the ICAO code for the real airline VIrgin Australia, and its RTF is Velocity,
We still get called other things.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member