You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Published Name

Matthew Toschi 921508

Matthew Toschi 921508
Posted
Posted

On my first flight I mistakenly submitted only my First name in my flight plan "MATT". Since then i have corrected it and done First name last name yadda. But this correction never seems to show on the who lists. I've been asked to fix this but I'm afraid I don't know where I can change it within xsquawkbox. I'd thought it was whatever you put in while making your flight plan on the vatsim site but apparently that hasn't done it. Does anyone know something to do with x-plane's xsquawkbox to fix it?

Mario Pozzetti 892293
Posted
Posted

Try and delete XSQB preferences and start over. This should fix the problem.

Mario Pozzetti LISBON

XP-Italia Staff -GoodWay Team

VATITA AIR 020

Imagination is more important than knowledge... (Albert Einstein)

• 2 months later...
Patrick Wheeler 928001
Posted
Posted

Follow-up question, from a different newbie...

Call-Signs... on the x-plane.org XSB server, I'm used to logging in with my .org nickname, however, it seems on VATSIM that the pilot callsigns are all tail numbers, i.e. N905F. Is this a required thing on VATSIM?

Also... I noticed on the site that pilots log in as FIRST NAME - LAST NAME - followed by what appears to be an Airport Code. Again, is this a required procedure, and is the Code, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume, the start point of the flight?

Graham Sanders 892576
Posted
Posted

Since I fly for a American Virtual Airlines, you will see my Call Sign as AAL532. I put my Home Airport after my Name (Graham Sanders KJFK).

Graham

• 4 months later...
Princewill Adeyemi 916593
Posted
Posted

To put your last name and firstname online is not hard. Just disconnect from the network, and click back on connect, check where your first name was and add your last name in it, click on connect.

Now I bet, you will find your Names appears on the network

Let me know if this help

Prince

Capt. Princewill A

... Preflight checklist

... never forget Radio Check

.... fasten your seat-belt, relax and fly the plane!

Ruth McTighe 824054
Posted
Posted
Follow-up question, from a different newbie...

Call-Signs... on the x-plane.org XSB server, I'm used to logging in with my .org nickname, however, it seems on VATSIM that the pilot callsigns are all tail numbers, i.e. N905F. Is this a required thing on VATSIM?

Also... I noticed on the site that pilots log in as FIRST NAME - LAST NAME - followed by what appears to be an Airport Code. Again, is this a required procedure, and is the Code, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume, the start point of the flight?

Usually commercial airlines will use the ICAO code and a number, while non-airline traffic use either a company callsign or a tailnumber. Most general aviation aircraft will use their tail/registration number.

The airport code after the name is your home airport ie where you consider youreself based. You can choose any home airport you like, but there's no requirement to have one at all. Of my two light aircraft, one is based at EGKB because that's where our virtual flying club is officially based, the other is at EGSG because that's home for its real life equivalent

Ruth

VATUK2

Ruth McTighe

Heathrow Director, Essex Radar, Thames Radar, London Information

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t webmistress CIX VFR Club http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/

Webmistress Plan-G http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

Now not a VATanything