You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Audio for Vatsim automatically disconnects (Euroscope)

Joseph Luitz

Joseph Luitz
Posted
Posted

I get disconnected every one to two minutes from Audio for Vatsim. But it has not to do with my connection since I am still connected to Euroscope as well as TeamSpeak on the Side. In addition to that, I made some Speedtest of my connection, so they were not the issue. (I also checked the status of the Audio for Vatsim servers).

For all of my disconnects I get this in my Audio for Vatsim log:
"GeoVR.Connection.ClientConnection System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: AEAD Bad Tag Exception ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Invalid MAC
   bei NaCl.Core.Poly1305.VerifyMac(ReadOnlySpan`1 key, Span`1 data, ReadOnlySpan`1 mac) in C:\Users\Gary\Documents\GitHub\GeoVR\source\Libraries\NaCl.Core\Poly1305.cs:Zeile 422.
   bei NaCl.Core.Base.SnufflePoly1305.Decrypt(ReadOnlySpan`1 ciphertext, ReadOnlySpan`1 aad, ReadOnlySpan`1 nonce) in C:\Users\Gary\Documents\GitHub\GeoVR\source\Libraries\NaCl.Core\Base\SnufflePoly1305.cs:Zeile 162.
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei NaCl.Core.Base.SnufflePoly1305.Decrypt(ReadOnlySpan`1 ciphertext, ReadOnlySpan`1 aad, ReadOnlySpan`1 nonce) in C:\Users\Gary\Documents\GitHub\GeoVR\source\Libraries\NaCl.Core\Base\SnufflePoly1305.cs:Zeile 166.
   bei MessagePack.CryptoDto.Managed.CryptoDtoDeserializer.Deserializer..ctor(CryptoDtoChannel channel, ReadOnlySpan`1 bytes, Boolean ignoreSequence) in C:\Users\Gary\Documents\GitHub\GeoVR\source\Libraries\MessagePack.CryptoDto\CryptoDtoDeserializer.cs:Zeile 118.
   bei GeoVR.Connection.ClientConnection.TaskVoiceServerReceive(Logger logger, CancellationToken cancelToken, ClientConnectionData connection, UdpClient udpClient, BlockingCollection`1 receiveQueue) in C:\Users\Gary\Documents\GitHub\GeoVR\source\GeoVR.Connection\ClientConnection.cs:Zeile 330.System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: AEAD Bad Tag Exception ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Invalid MAC
   bei NaCl.Core.Poly1305.VerifyMac(ReadOnlySpan`1 key, Span`1 data, ReadOnlySpan`1 mac) in C:\Users\Gary\Documents\GitHub\GeoVR\source\Libraries\NaCl.Core\Poly1305.cs:Zeile 422.
   bei NaCl.Core.Base.SnufflePoly1305.Decrypt(ReadOnlySpan`1 ciphertext, ReadOnlySpan`1 aad, ReadOnlySpan`1 nonce) in C:\Users\Gary\Documents\GitHub\GeoVR\source\Libraries\NaCl.Core\Base\SnufflePoly1305.cs:Zeile 162.
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei NaCl.Core.Base.SnufflePoly1305.Decrypt(ReadOnlySpan`1 ciphertext, ReadOnlySpan`1 aad, ReadOnlySpan`1 nonce) in C:\Users\Gary\Documents\GitHub\GeoVR\source\Libraries\NaCl.Core\Base\SnufflePoly1305.cs:Zeile 166.
   bei MessagePack.CryptoDto.Managed.CryptoDtoDeserializer.Deserializer..ctor(CryptoDtoChannel channel, ReadOnlySpan`1 bytes, Boolean ignoreSequence) in C:\Users\Gary\Documents\GitHub\GeoVR\source\Libraries\MessagePack.CryptoDto\CryptoDtoDeserializer.cs:Zeile 118.
   bei GeoVR.Connection.ClientConnection.TaskVoiceServerReceive(Logger logger, CancellationToken cancelToken, ClientConnectionData connection, UdpClient udpClient, BlockingCollection`1 receiveQueue) in C:\Users\Gary\Documents\GitHub\GeoVR\source\GeoVR.Connection\ClientConnection.cs:Zeile 330."

What is important to note is that I did no fresh install of Audio for Vatsim neither updated it since it last worked. In addition to that, it states a path with C:\Users\Gary\..." My Users files is NOT named gary, so this could be part of the problem.

Best regards,
Joseph Luitz

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

Gary is the developer, so no issue there.

There are old 2019 threads about this. Some had issue with windows or router killing ports/sockets after few minutes of idle use.

ACH2118.jpg