You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What's the procedure when internet connection is lost during a flight

Joel Semmel

Joel Semmel
Posted
Posted

While in flight I've lost internet connection for a few minutes.  Upon regaining internet access, should I reconnect to VATSIM and continue my flight (which will reappear in a different location), end my flight and notify ATC, or some other course of action?

Thank you!

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Hi, good question! You can absolutely continue your flight, as long as you're not paused. This information is found in the VATSIM Code of Conduct, article B(1):

B1 - A pilot shall not connect to the VATSIM Network on a runway or taxiway. If a pilot chooses to connect while airborne, a pilot shall ensure doing so does not cause disruption to other members.

If you're in busy airspace, it's considered courteous to first connect in observer mode in your client and check if you are conflicting in the path of another aircraft (type .aircraft in your client and see distance). Generally speaking it should be no problem if you were only gone for a few minutes. 🙂

• Like 1

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new