You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Low frame rates

John McMurdo

John McMurdo
Posted
Posted (edited)

My graphics card is not the greatest,  GTX 1050Ti, therefore I cant push the settings up too high. When playing on VATSIM I have to set the sliders to either lowest or medium, and even with some of the lowest settings I have been disconnected from the server a few times because of low frame rates.  I believe clouds play a big part,  its almost always when I am passing through a cloud layer that I get disconnected.  I run X-Plane 11,  and am wondering if it is possible to disable the dynamic weather since I believe that is the main cause of my problems.

I guess I could just check the weather at both departure and destination airports beforehand, and just fly on clear days,  but who knows when the next clear day will be!

Edited by John McMurdo

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, John McMurdo said:

am wondering if it is possible to disable the dynamic weather

Yes -- just choose "Clear Weather" from the startup menu (same screen as when choosing aircraft and origin airport).

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Luca Melis
Posted
Posted

Sometimes, when I do not have the best equipment and I gave a low frame rate I disactivate the anti-virus and reduce the graphic setting to a minimum level.

Or increase the RAM on the PC (When there is enough money)