You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Feature Request - Trigger NAV Lights always on

David Leitl

David Leitl
Posted
Posted

Hi,

as per current situation, the lights in MSFS are not synced correctly. I recognized, that once the Traffic-Aircraft logs in and powers up, all lights are shown correctly by vPilot.

As soon as you reload the model-matching-rules, the lights are off and only coming back, when the pilot cycles the switch (e.g. landing lights).

Would it be possible to have a "Nav lights always on" Checkbox within vPilot, so as per name, the lights are triggered always on, no matter which state the aircraft is transmitting? This would be helpful to at least have the traffic visible at all times.

Best regards,

David

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I haven't had time to troubleshoot the issue with lights not syncing correctly in MSFS. Since the lights work fine in other sims, I don't think this is a vPilot issue, but I can't be sure until I have time to do some thorough debugging. Whether this is a vPilot issue or an MSFS issue, I am not fond of adding workaround features like this. It's always better to fix the actual root cause of the issue.

And if it turns out to be an MSFS bug and it takes a long time for them to fix it, the better workaround would be to have vPilot continually sync the light states, perhaps once every second.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Giorgio Del Grosso
Posted
Posted

Let us know if you need any help testing, its killing the experience at the minute!

• Like 1

William Matos
Posted
Posted
On 10/24/2021 at 5:28 AM, Giorgio Del Grosso said:

Let us know if you need any help testing, its killing the experience at the minute!

I agree. I hope this bug gets addressed. Asobo has ignored it for 3+ months and it hurts the Vatsim experience a lot...

Juha Ronkko
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, William Matos said:

I agree. I hope this bug gets addressed. Asobo has ignored it for 3+ months and it hurts the Vatsim experience a lot...

Not sure if it’s simulator bug and something Asobo needs to fix since IVAO does not have the same problem, lights sync correctly when connecting. I would assume clients in both networks has similar way to do it.

But in the end, even if it’s something with the sim, some workaround would be great until it’s fixed.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Juha Ronkko said:

Not sure if it’s simulator bug and something Asobo needs to fix since IVAO does not have the same problem

That doesn't necessarily mean it's not a bug, could just mean that IVAO's pilot client has implemented a workaround for the issue, similar to what I would do in vPilot when I find the time.

Juha Ronkko
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

That doesn't necessarily mean it's not a bug, could just mean that IVAO's pilot client has implemented a workaround for the issue, similar to what I would do in vPilot when I find the time.

Yeah sure they could implemented the workaround.

That's why I said that if it's a sim bug, workaround would be welcome soon for vPilot.

Juha Ronkko
Posted
Posted

Some more info:

User from MSFS forum tested with Swift and said lights does work with that client in Vatsim.

I also did some testing with same model matching in both clients and indeed, lights does work correctly when connecting with Swift. I then disconnected Swift and launched vPilot with same model matching, connected and all aircraft was dark (when acft was lining up and turned ldg lights, those showed with vPilot but all other lights (nav, beacon, logo) were not turned on like they were with Swift on same aircraft).

Christian Lehnert
Posted
Posted

From MSFS Forum:

"It can’t be that hard to make the changes necessary to show those stupid lights. It’s been going on for weeks and still doesn’t work."

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Christian Lehnert said:

From MSFS Forum:

"It can’t be that hard to make the changes necessary to show those stupid lights. It’s been going on for weeks and still doesn’t work."

Why do you feel it was necessary to cross post that here?

Edited by Ross Carlson
  • Like 3

Christian Lehnert
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Why do you feel it was necessary to cross post that here?

Because you never know if everyone is reading everything.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Christian Lehnert said:

Because you never know if everyone is reading everything.

Then why that specific post and not every other post? :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

Giorgio Del Grosso
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Then why that specific post and not every other post? :classic_rolleyes:

I think that is their attempt to encourage you, the only man with the keys to fix this, to get on with it 🙂

I will go for a different approach.  Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please pretty please, with cherry on top, fix it!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Giorgio Del Grosso said:

I think that is their attempt to encourage you, the only man with the keys to fix this, to get on with it 🙂

Obviously, but that is the WORST post to choose, since it exhibits nothing but ignorance and entitlement mentality.

5 hours ago, Giorgio Del Grosso said:

I will go for a different approach.  Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please pretty please, with cherry on top, fix it!

Have a look at my last post in that thread, tells you all you need to know about my availability. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Ross Carlson
  • Like 1

Christian Lehnert
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Obviously, but that is the WORST post to choose, since it exhibits nothing but ignorance and entitlement mentality.

Ok, no worries, but since it all takes much too long, vPilot will die for MSFS because people will have to look for other options, as they already do.

Edited by Christian Lehnert

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Christian Lehnert said:

people will have to look for other options

Isn't it great that other options exist? :classic_tongue:

• Like 1

Christian Lehnert
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

Isn't it great that other options exist? :classic_tongue:

No. I don't like the other options.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Christian Lehnert said:

No. I don't like the other options.

Isn't it great that it's not all about you? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I did some testing, found that if I send the SimConnect command to set the lights immediately after the aircraft model is created, the command seems to be ignored by MSFS. I have to wait a few seconds before sending the command. I am reaching out to the developers to see if this is something that can be changed such that it accepts the commands immediately. If not, I will build some delay into the system as a workaround.

• Like 2

Giorgio Del Grosso
Posted
Posted

I loaded up yesterday to see a vpilot update.  Was it anything to do with this?  I’ve not tested it yet.

Giorgio Del Grosso
Posted
Posted

No then 😞