You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I can't take the exam because error 404

Gabriel Gatto

Gabriel Gatto
Posted
Posted

hello, i'm new to vatsim, in quotes, because i have a problem that i can't solve.
I've had this problem for a long time and because of that I can't simulate it on vatsim, I ask you to read the entire text
when I got to part 4 of the learning center, it was written like "Please note the Time Remaining in the top right corner of the Pilot Learning Center. Once the time expires, you will be allowed to attempt the New Member Orientation Test.", but I don't have that time, and because of that, I can't take the test, and consequently, I don't enter vatsim, yes, I spend more than 10 minutes reading, because if I'm not mistaken this is the remaining time, I've already left more than 30 minutes, 1 hour and always gives 404 error, I researched and no one has ever had this problem like me, does anyone know what could be happening please?

James Hollister
Posted
Posted

I have this exact issue.... Had it since yesterday.  Kind of an endless introductory loop.  Have tried multiple browsers.  Login seems to work but no progress on the material review, and unable to take the test.

Gabriel Gatto
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, James Hollister said:

I have this exact issue.... Had it since yesterday.  Kind of an endless introductory loop.  Have tried multiple browsers.  Login seems to work but no progress on the material review, and unable to take the test.

wow

Luca Melis
Posted
Posted

Have tried multiple browsers

Did you try Google browser?

In this period of time, they have the monopoly of technology...

May be is going to work on this one

Gabriel Gatto
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Luca Melis said:

Did you try Google browser?

In this period of time, they have the monopoly of technology...

May be is going to work on this one

I've already tested it in chrome, my computer was formatted, tested it in chrome again, now in opera, and now in firefox

Luca Melis
Posted
Posted

I get it, there must be something serious.

Just to give a suggestion: give a try to Vivaldi browser or the American browser Brave

• 2 weeks later...
James Hollister
Posted
Posted
On 10/20/2021 at 4:41 PM, Gabriel Gatto said:

hello, i'm new to vatsim, in quotes, because i have a problem that i can't solve.
I've had this problem for a long time and because of that I can't simulate it on vatsim, I ask you to read the entire text
when I got to part 4 of the learning center, it was written like "Please note the Time Remaining in the top right corner of the Pilot Learning Center. Once the time expires, you will be allowed to attempt the New Member Orientation Test.", but I don't have that time, and because of that, I can't take the test, and consequently, I don't enter vatsim, yes, I spend more than 10 minutes reading, because if I'm not mistaken this is the remaining time, I've already left more than 30 minutes, 1 hour and always gives 404 error, I researched and no one has ever had this problem like me, does anyone know what could be happening please?

I finally figured this out.

On the left hand side of the screen, toward the bottom, is a section called "My Exams".

Click on that, and you can see the button to take the test.

I guess this is user supported help forum, not actually any vatsim help?

Gabriel Gatto
Posted
Posted
On 10/31/2021 at 9:24 AM, James Hollister said:

I finally figured this out.

On the left hand side of the screen, toward the bottom, is a section called "My Exams".

Click on that, and you can see the button to take the test.

I guess this is user supported help forum, not actually any vatsim help?

where is the button? https://imgur.com/a/Ww6cX3x

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

@James HollisterYes, this is a community forum, where members of the community help each other.  VATSIM is a community.  No one here is paid, and no one here is paid to watch forums looking to answer others.  As a volunteer hobbyist community, we help each other out of the goodness of our hearts and our desire to see the community grow and flourish.  If one needs "advanced" assistance, which is possible when it's not a common problem, which this problem is clearly not common as we have over 1,000 new members take and pass the New Member Orientation Course and Exam every single week, then members can try requesting help via support.vatsim.net.  There is a lot of self-help information and FAQ there, and worse comes to worse, a ticket system.  Even then, tickets are worked by unpaid volunteers, who volunteer to help our members and community, in their spare time while also navigating time pulls from family, work, school, church, other volunteer obligations, etc.

@Gabriel Gatto After nearly 3 years away since you first registered, welcome back!  You joined VATSIM before the requirement for the New Member Orientation program went into effect. Anyone who joined before the requirement went into effect was "grandfathered", and does not require the course/exam.  Your account is active; you are welcome to connect whenever you like.  I do hope the course material was useful to you, and again, welcome back!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Gabriel Gatto
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/5/2021 at 2:33 PM, Don Desfosse said:

@James HollisterSim, este é um fórum da comunidade, onde os membros da comunidade ajudam uns aos outros. VATSIM é uma comunidade. Ninguém aqui é pago e ninguém aqui é pago para assistir a fóruns que procuram responder a outras pessoas. Como uma comunidade de hobbyistas voluntários, ajudamos uns aos outros pela bondade de nossos corações e por nosso desejo de ver a comunidade crescer e florescer. Se alguém precisar de assistência "avançada", o que é possível quando não é um problema comum, o que claramente não é comum, visto que temos mais de 1.000 novos membros fazendo e sendo aprovados no Curso de Orientação de Novos Sócios e no Exame todas as semanas, os membros podem tentar solicitando ajuda via support.vatsim.net. Há muitas informações de autoajuda e perguntas frequentes lá, e o que é pior, um sistema de tíquetes. Mesmo assim, os ingressos são trabalhados por voluntários não remunerados, que se oferecem para ajudar nossos membros e comunidade,

@Gabriel Gatto Depois de quase 3 anos afastado desde o primeiro registro, seja bem-vindo de volta! Você ingressou na VATSIM antes de o requisito para o programa de Orientação de Novos Sócios entrar em vigor. Qualquer pessoa que ingressou antes de o requisito entrar em vigor foi "adquirido" e não precisa do curso / exame. Sua conta está ativa; você é bem-vindo para se conectar quando quiser. Espero que o material do curso tenha sido útil para você e, novamente, seja bem-vindo de volta!

oh, thanks, but i cant connect

Edited by Gabriel Gatto

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

There is nothing from a VATSIM perspective preventing you from logging on, and I show that you logged on 2 hours ago, so I assume you're all set.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Gabriel Gatto
Posted
Posted
On 11/11/2021 at 16:35, Don Desfosse said:

Não há nada do ponto de vista do VATSIM impedindo você de fazer logon, e mostro que você fez logon há 2 horas, então presumo que esteja tudo pronto.

i done! thanks

• Like 1

James Hollister
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/5/2021 at 1:33 PM, Don Desfosse said:

@James HollisterYes, this is a community forum, where members of the community help each other.  VATSIM is a community.  No one here is paid, and no one here is paid to watch forums looking to answer others.  As a volunteer hobbyist community, [snip]

Thanks very much Don!  My question was interrogative, and not meant to be snarky at all.  I do understand the entire VATSIM community is made up of volunteers, and I was curious, due to the age of this question, that a volunteer VATSIM rep had not weighed in, so I was just getting my expectations set. 🙂

Edited by James Hollister
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
Ayan Chandra Guha Thakurta
Posted
Posted

Hey Folks. 

Thanks for all you do here. I have the 404 | Error as I am about to retry the exam. However, take the test button is taking me there. The link just won't open