You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Redbird TD2 cannot set PTT button on yoke

Tony Aiello

Tony Aiello
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am very new to this forum and am in the process of setting up a TD2 with vpilot.  When I attempt to set the PTT button to a button on the yoke, the vpilot config doesn’t see the button press.  It works fine to set up a keyboard button but I cannot set it to any of the buttons on the sim itself.  When I run a simulation and press the PTT button on the yoke, the simulation shows I shift to transmission in the coms display so I know the button works and is recognized by the PC.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I’m missing?

thanks in advance

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Have you tried running the sim and vpilot both in administrator mode?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Tony Aiello
Posted
Posted

Thanks.  I tried  just now.  Ran both as admin and even initiated a flight.  When I pushed the button I saw TX in the com panel but nothing in vpilot.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Do other apps recognize the PTT as a regular joystick button? I'm wondering if it's something proprietary to redbird. vPilot does work with some redbird gear, but I'm not sure about the one you have specifically.

Tony Aiello
Posted
Posted

You could be right.  I tried going into the windows settings for the switch panel and although it shows the yoke, rudder, verniers, etc, it doesn’t show the buttons.  I’ll give redbird a try. Thanks

• 2 months later...
CHARLES DOLAN
Posted
Posted

@Tony Aiello I’m working on very similar obstacles… in fact my vPilot client won’t transmit when the CTRL key is pushed either though it is mapped. Must have something to do with the Redbird… any ideas?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, CHARLES DOLAN said:

my vPilot client won’t transmit when the CTRL key is pushed

Is vPilot running as admin?

CHARLES DOLAN
Posted
Posted

That did the trick… everything seems to be operating normally. Still trying to find the PTT work around. I hear there’s a USB PTT button you can find on Amazon. Might give that a shot. I do get a message when I first start vPilot that says name unrecognized or something to that effect, but the client works properly.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

A NAME_UNRECOGNIZED error from simconnect generally means vPilot is trying to read a simvar that isn't available in the loaded aircraft. I see this a lot of you have an avatar loaded in p3d instead of an actual aircraft. Does Redbird start in avatar mode?