You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Distance lines stuck bug

Thimo Koolen

Bruno Guimaraes
Posted
Posted

Well, meanwhile...

photo_2021-11-05_21-50-17.jpg

• Haha 3

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I am not sure that what you see on the screen is a quick distance tool result. That should normally disappear on next click. On the other hand you can create normal distance elements between the same points to look like this. Try eg.:

distance2 A A

from command line.

I am not sure how they are added to the screen, but at least they can be removed from screen by a right mouse click. Can you test it?

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Marcelo Barretto
Posted
Posted (edited)

Using the command works, if you type at least the first point - eg.: .distance <fix> (mouse click somewhere)

If you try .distance, but instead of typing try to click on two points with the mouse, the problem occurs as soon as you click on the first point/TAG.

Drag'n drop from the Heading field on the TAG has the same issue. This somehow only affects the tools when the mouse is used

Edited by Marcelo Barretto

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

I did not see Gergely's post in time 😞

I had the bug tonight. I was trying to connect a distance line between waypoint ARTIP and KLM0427. Instead, the line snapped to the SPL VOR.

Martijn

Discord_2021-11-06_21-42-20.png

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

Yes, it's possible to right click and remove the line. That still does not solve the bug of being unable to draw distance lines correctly. 

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

Andrea Mazzoni
Posted
Posted

Luckly I'm not alone with this. I had experience this issues few times. Luckly I know which are the headings for my airports. I will try in case in the future the solution which Gergely has published previously.

Sometimes things get complicated. ATC on VATSIM as Milano Radar (LIMM_N_CTR) Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/italianalien21

Matteo Massini
Posted
Posted (edited)

Happened to me as well on Milano and Malta... and to a lot of other APPs and CTRs over here in VATITA. It also makes the heading tool useless so I need to give vectors without any precise reference, very annoying. An ES restart always fixed it all temporarily, but it's something that needs to get sorted out. Speaking of Gergerly's solution post, I tried left and right mouse buttons, creating another distance line by dot command and praying, nothing worked but a restart.

Matteo Massini, VATITA

S3 - P1 - S1/S2 ATC Instructor - DevTeam (GNG)

Edited by Matteo Massini
Missing Signature

Matteo Massini, VATITA

C1 | P1 - S1/S2/S3/C1 ATC Instructor - DevTeam (GNG)

Marcelo Barretto
Posted
Posted

Had the bug again yesterday during World Flight, which made the approach on São Paulo a bit of a nightmare.

Have the logs if it helps figure out the issue somehow.

Matisse VanWezer
Posted
Posted

For those using topsky, you could draw a heading line by clicking the radar target of an aircraft.

Streaming Brussels Control since 2018 on MatisseRAdar - Twitch to create time lapses on YouTube and TikTok

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

This issue is becoming more regular and urgent repairs are needed! It basically renders all measuring/heading tools unusable.

Wasn't able to prove it in a reproducable way yet, but I've observed this issue to be present with high reliability when another controller is using r29. I've clearly advised controllers in my vACC to refrain from using this version.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

Happens with R26 as well.

Yesterday during an event it happened twice in a short period of time. After that I just gave up on the tool, which was a pain.

I don't know why it happens much more regularly now (it happens generally every session), but I most certainly know it needs an urgent bug fix.

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Thimo Koolen said:

Happens with R26 as well.

Are you sure nobody in your proximity used r29? I'm not using R29 either. But I have indicators pointing towards any user with r29 also affecting controllers in the vicinity. You may use ".inf" to retreive the version information of nearby fellow controllers.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Mateusz Zymla
Posted
Posted

Cause R29 still hangs around... It should be taken down from the website and clearly communicated not to use it unless solved! 

• Like 2

Mateusz Zymla - 1131338

VATSIMer since 2009, IRL pilot rated.