You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Massive FPS drop using FLAi in P3Dv5.2HF1.

Todd Malek

Todd Malek
Posted
Posted

Hey Ross,

Quick question...do you notice this?  I guess technically we shouldn't be using this model set anymore.  I'm wondering if it's because of the difference in graphic engine between P3Dv4x and v5x?  Maybe this model set was never optimized for v5.x hence the hit on resources.  Never had this issue with P3Dv4.x.

I did a quick test during CTP.  My frames tanked to 11-12fps at full cruise altitude and there were only a few aircraft around me in the vicinity.  Disconnected from the network for a sec and frames shot up to 50fps(locked).  So definitely something in the model set causing the drop.

Just curious if you've noticed this.  Maybe a better model set out there for v5?

Cheers!

Cheers,

Todd.

CXA557-2.jpg

VATSIM: P1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, I used FLAi with P3D v5 with no issues.

Does it definitely only happen when there are other aircraft nearby, or does it also happen if you connect and there are no other aircraft in the area?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Todd Malek
Posted
Posted (edited)

It seems to be only when other aircraft are near by.  But not all the time.  It's weird.  Maybe some models don't play well with v5... I don't know.

I guess there's really not whole lot that be done either way other than not using it at all.  I'll keep an eye on it.

T.

Edited by Todd Malek

Cheers,

Todd.

CXA557-2.jpg

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Make sure that you have all models but FLAI excluded. It’s highly possible that your payware models are getting used as AI without your knowledge. It only takes a couple of them to tank your performance.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Todd Malek
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Matthew Bartels said:

Make sure that you have all models but FLAI excluded. It’s highly possible that your payware models are getting used as AI without your knowledge. It only takes a couple of them to tank your performance.

Good point!  Thanks for the tip!

Cheers,

Todd.

CXA557-2.jpg