You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't turn on Mode C on vPilot [FSX: SE]

Karan Sharma

Karan Sharma
Posted
Posted

So after ages of googling the solution, here I come.

I usually fly A321 on VATSIM. During approach, the ATC asks me to squawk C, but I can't. As soon as I click on Mode C on vPilot, it turns off immediately.

Also, I've read somewhere that you need to set the knob to TA/RA or something like that, but there's no freaking knob in A321!

Help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Which A321 are you flying?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Karan Sharma
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Which A321 are you flying?

The default one that comes with the game. (There is a knob, but I can't click on it).

Thanks for the help though, but I already fixed it out. All I had to do was uninstall FSUIPC and now I'm able to squawk mode C using vPilot client.

Edited by Karan Sharma
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Brandon Robinson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I noticed when I disabled/deleted FSUIPC, then tried a flight again then I was able to enable Mode C. Why is there a conflict with vPilot & FSUIPC??  Is this common??

Brandon

Edited by Brandon Robinson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot has always coexisted with fsuipc in the past. In fact, fsuipc was necessary in order to make the transponder panel function in some add-on aircraft. (Specifically, those that support the Squawkbox FSUIPC offsets.) I don't know why people are suddenly having issues with FSUIPC. Maybe they broke something.

Brandon Robinson
Posted
Posted

UPDATE--I just completed a flight  that used an ACARS which required FSUIPC4 (FSX) and I was able to enable Mode C so maybe it was due to my aircraft at the time??

Britton Hovland
Posted
Posted

I just installed FSUIPC, the latest version in order to be able to realistic weather back into fsx, and since I did that MODE C in vpilot has not been working. Could FSUIPC be the issue? 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Given that vPilot didn't change, it's not vPilot, so it's gotta be the aircraft or FSUIPC. Were you using the same aircraft before and after installing FSUIPC?

Edited by Ross Carlson

Britton Hovland
Posted
Posted

Yes, I was using the King Air, and I also tried the A321 because I had just recently used that aircraft, and MODE C did not work there either, when it used to work just fine. I would try and click on the MODE C button in the client, and it would just flash, not turning on.

Britton Hovland
Posted
Posted (edited)

Update: It must be something to do with FSUIPC, I delete FSUIPC and vPilot will now squawk Mode C. I am going to be lookin into how to try and get FSUIPC to work with vPilot Mode C 

Edit: I reinstalled FSUIPC, and Mode C did not work in vPilot, so it must be something with FSUIPC. I am going to try and find an older version of FSUIPC and see if that works. 

Edited by Britton Hovland
More information

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Have you read the FSUIPC documentation? There's a setting to adjust what it does when the transponder changes. I think it and VPilot are doing the same thing and stepping on each other.

Cheers!

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

John released a fix earlier today for this issue. Grab version 4.977 of FSUIPC.

• Like 1