You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Time accelerator

Laszlo Karcagi

Laszlo Karcagi
Posted
Posted (edited)

The supervisor blamed me for using time accelerator. But I do not at all. Any suggestions?

Edited by Laszlo Karcagi

Christopher Bourke
Posted
Posted

Controllers, especially supervisors, don't like random usage of time acceleration. I've done it before i admit, but if you have to use time aceleration then you should at the very least contact the airspace controller beforehand to ask if you can use time acceleration, this is so that they don't have to make sudden, unwanted adjustments to their plans because now you're going to be at X waypoint at a sooner time, which isn't what they are expecting.

Laszlo Karcagi
Posted
Posted

Sorry,but I do not use acceleration, but the supervisor blamed me about it. What would be wrong? The network or my system? That is the question.

Filippo Genoni 1533729
Posted
Posted

What sim were you using?

Filippo,

Laszlo Karcagi
Posted
Posted

Hi! FSX.

Filippo Genoni 1533729
Posted
Posted

Mhmmm…

Unfortunatly I’m not familiar with that sim, sorry…

Hope someone else can help you 😉

Filippo,

Laszlo Karcagi
Posted
Posted

Thanks anyway,,,

Christopher Bourke
Posted
Posted

Sorry, I misread what you wrote in the moment, perhaps you were going so fast the supervisor believed you were on time acceleration? 😁

More realistically, maybe that supervisor had an issue with their software and perceived you as going faster than you should have been (like a sudden jump across their radar faster than normal). 

Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted

FSX also is very subtle about letting you know that you're using time acceleration. If I remember correct, it will be shown in red text in the upper right part of the screen. I believe you can also accidentally turn it on by hitting the "R" key on your keyboard and hitting the "+". You don't have to have both keys pressed at the same time.

That said, I wouldn't worry about it. The next time you fire up your sim, it should default to normal time (and you won't see any text in the upper right corner of the screen). If a sup asks you about it again, look for that text, or, if needed, ask the sup for help.

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

.. or were you flying a supersonic plane in the sim, but logged on using a subsonic plane? 

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

Laszlo Karcagi
Posted
Posted (edited)

Perhaps I found the solution of the problem. The Vatsim network this time is frequently owerhelmed because of the heavy traffic. Therefore sometimes I got network error and  got disconnected in midflight. I connect again and resend the flightplan to be sure. In the point of wiew of the ATC-s supposedly I used time acceleration because I arrive to their area much erlier than they expected according to the resent flightplan. Maybe I dont need to resent the flightplan when I got network error. But i am not really sure.

Edited by Laszlo Karcagi