You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

not transmitting 35 min into flight?

Carl Stoyan

Carl Stoyan
Posted
Posted

I was between Boston and new york and talking to NY Center when all of a sudden i couldnt transmit. I was on frequency and radio was active. I then tried to type to NY and in red the vPilot said "not transmitting on any freq"  ... Not sure what happened. I disconnected and I reset a new flight and it all worked. Dont want my next flight ruined. Any ideas?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Alternator left off, battery died, simulated radio stack lost power?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Carl Stoyan
Posted
Posted (edited)

The radio was lit up. Just wasnt transmitting. TX light wasnt coming on on vpilot app. Then i disconnected,. reset the flight and all was well. Mystery id like to be able to solve because it was a shame to have to disconnect 8 miles from landing. I was using fs2020 with the PDMG DC - 6..  Awesome plane btw.

Edited by Ken Stone

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

The good news is that I fly the PMDG DC-6 on VATSIM using vPilot VERY frequently and have never experienced this issue.  So it sounds to me either like some sort of electrical failure (either random or pilot-induced, meaning, a generator switch left off or something like that), or, just a one-off glitch.  I generally fly legs of 1.5 hours or so, sometimes longer, and haven't experienced that problem in at least a dozen or more online flights.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Mike Teague
Posted
Posted

while not exactly the same thing, with my old router i had to open up the vpilot ports or voice would disconnect after 5 or 10 minutes or something.

something like this: