You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Stuck Mike in Xpilot

Frans DECHAENE

Frans DECHAENE
Posted
Posted (edited)

I started using Xpilot in stead of SB2 on Xplane 11.55 about two weeks ago. Xpilot has of course the major advantage of being able to work with Vulkan. Showing the VATSIM aircraft which SB2 can't with Vulkan . Huge improvement. 

I also like the interface of Xpilot compared to the very minimalist SB2. 

Now after starting with Xpilot I immediately started getting warnings from ATC that I have a stuck Mike. Never before with SB2 with about 200 hours online. Mike is assigned to a PTT button on my Logitech yoke. Button left hand side yoke horn, back side.

I am not touching anything, yet get this message regularly, up to a point of being forcefully disconnected like yesterday in the Geneva event. It appears to happen especially when I am checking in 'prematurely' on a frequency, ie coming from an uncontrolled airspace and listening ahead to the next sector. Without transmitting myself.

And the one thing that Xpilot is missing compared to SB2 is a red.'you are transmitting' light in the left hand upper corner. 

Anyone any ideas as to what might be happening? 

Edited by Frans DECHAENE

John Stockton
Posted
Posted (edited)

I also had this problem after a Windows update. Took me a while to figure out. Not quite sure exactly what I did to resolve the problem. Performing the following fixed the problem.

Make sure nothing else is assigned to that button. Also make sure you don't have a key or another button assigned to PTT.

Bring forward the xPilot window (Alt+Tab) There is an indicator to show if your transmitting while pushing the assigned PTT button.

Edited by John Stockton
  • Like 2

N313GM, P0: X-Plane 12.01r3, Windows 11, i7-13700k, RTX4080 (16GB), 32GB DDR4 4800

Frans DECHAENE
Posted
Posted

Hi John, think you were right. In Xplane itself I still had the PTT assigned to the same yoke button. Replaced that by a 'do nothing', reassigned the PTT button in Xpilot and had no more issues this evening's Flight. This forum rocks... 

• Like 2

Frans DECHAENE
Posted
Posted

I was too hasty - had the problem again yesterday evening. Again when listening in on a frequency for some length of time, whilst not transmitting at all.
Definitely only one PTT assigned. Any other suggestions please?

John Stockton
Posted
Posted

Sorry hear Frans, Go into your Windows settings and make sure they didn't change on you. Some Windows updates have switched my mike/speaker settings. Other than that, I got nothing. Best of luck!

N313GM, P0: X-Plane 12.01r3, Windows 11, i7-13700k, RTX4080 (16GB), 32GB DDR4 4800

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Have you tried assigning a different PTT button to see if it's a stuck button? I would recommend only mapping the PTT inside X-Plane and not in the xPilot client.

Alternatively, you can give the newest beta version of xPilot a try (just released today). You can find more information about it here: https://beta.xpilot-project.org/.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Frans DECHAENE
Posted
Posted (edited)

@Justin - did as suggested, mapped the PTT in Xplane itself and cleared the assignment in Xpilot. So far so good, first Flight no stuck mic

And another few hours on line and still going well, no complaints from ATC

Edited by Frans DECHAENE