You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Looking for ATO

Carlos Barranco

Carlos Barranco
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone!

I'm interested in starting my training for the pilot ratings in a couple of months from now. My goal would be reaching the P4 (ATPL) rating.

I have been looking at the ATO roster, and I'm doubting between two ATO's: VATSTAR and BAVirtual. Keep in mind that I live in Europe.

I would like to read your opinions about both ATO's, and which one do you recommend me.

Thank you!

Carlos B

CID: 1498253

spacer.png

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

All ATOs offer training according to the same standards set out by the VATSIM PTD. VATSTAR is open to everyone while BAVirtual is a Virtual Airline and you would need to be enrolled as a pilot with them first.

Everyone's experience is different and I am not sure how appropriate it would be to post personal opinions about the various ATOs. Instead you should reach out to each organization. VATSTAR has a dedicated Discord server with over 3,000 members and someone will be happy to answer your questions there. The website also has contact information for you to use. Best of luck with your virtual training!

Tomas Hansson

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Not all!  Eg VATSIM PTD (stand-alone).

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png