You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot 2.8.4 Released

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I just put out v2.8.4, which is just a simple workaround for an issue in MSFS where the lights sometimes don't work on other aircraft. More details on the workaround can be found in my reply here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/vatsim-traffic-lights-dont-sync-when-connecting/463812/102?u=btvpilot

• Like 6

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Ross Carlson pinned and featured this topic
Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Thank you! I've been hopefully anticipating this fix!

• 2 weeks later...
Nathaniel Wilkerson
Posted
Posted

Downloaded the new Vpilot 2.8.4. but after opening under Run as Adminstration mode, it ran perfectly. Today I get this message. So I went to the control panel and uninstall the program, it worked once but it's not loading at all. I've reviewed the tips and tricks, but to no avail. Looking for some guides please. Thanks

Vpilot message.jpg

Nathaniel Wilkerson
Posted
Posted

Thank you Ross. I am working on it today. I will keep you posted.

Nathaniel Wilkerson
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross,

I tried all 5 items in the documents you sent. It only work once, and today it's not working.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid I don't know what's causing it then.

Dominic Doring
Posted
Posted

Hey Ross,

Since this update I am getting broken transmissions intermittently. Both the audio and the RX button cut out for a second before coming back in. Any ideas on how I might be able to resolve this?

Thanks, Dom!  

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's likely just a coincidence ... nothing in 2.8.4 had anything to do with voice.

Nathaniel Wilkerson
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross,

Could I get the previous version of vpilot 2.8.3? That worked very well. Thank you sir.

Dominic Doring
Posted
Posted

Gotcha. Thanks for responding! Any troubleshooting suggestions?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Nathaniel Wilkerson said:

Hello Ross,

Could I get the previous version of vpilot 2.8.3? That worked very well. Thank you sir.

No, I don't provide old versions for many reasons. Besides, nothing changed in 2.8.4 that is related to your issue. 2.8.4 only changed the way aircraft lights work in MSFS. If the issue truly only started with 2.8.4 (and it's not just a coincidence) then that tells us that something in your system (antivirus or firewall software) saw that the exe changed when you installed 2.8.4 and it doesn't "trust it" in the same way it did 2.8.3. The best way to troubleshoot that is to disable anything that might be interfering with apps on your system, such as anti-virus or firewall software, or anything like that.

• Ross Carlson unpinned this topic