You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model Mapping

Carl Beeby

Carl Beeby
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I must admit that I was in a rush to get flying in P3D the other day - I've used Swift fine in X-Plane albeit with no model matching (assume that is correct terminology as I just see the call sign & aircraft ID in text).

The intructions directed me to the AIG AI installer where I skimmed thru installtation and every aircraft shows as Lockheed Constellation (assume this is default). I've no clue what AIG can do for me - sorry I've not given it time as I just wanted to install liveries for P3D 🙂

Is there a way to get additional liveries installed? i.e. flying an A330 into Boston with all traffic showing as a prop seemed, well, a little odd 🙂

Thanks!

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Carl,

after downloading and installing those AIG aircraft, have you created a new "Active Model Set"? Or did the AIG Downloader only install Lockheed Constellations on your computer?

Carl Beeby
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

No I didn't create a new "active model set" - I think the AIG installer just created the Lockheed - what makes me think this is when I connect to Vatsim at an airport with several vatsim aircraft on the ground, I only see them as Lockheed Constellations. What I seem to have done is just downloaded AIG AI Manager, I do not see having read thru 2 pdfs how to create an OCI set or what type of set I need. Sorry, I have defo missed something!

Thanks

Carl

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Alright. Maybe the AIG Installer has had a problem. Try to run it one more time and get some other models as well. But first check WHAT models you actually got downloaded.

Then, start your swiftData app, go to the tab "stored own models", hit the "Force reload" button (middle of the window, on the right). Then change to the "active model set" tab and click on the "new set" button to create a new set of models that swift is allowed to use to display the aircraft of other online-players.

Carl Beeby
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Andreas,

Ok I think what I need to do is ask over at the AIG forum as I am just not sure what I need from the AIG product - sure it can install AI but do I need to do that and then just use the models that it presumably will create as part of the process?

The tip on using swiftData app was a great help too (for my x-plane set up), so thank you for that.

Regards

Carl

Edited by Carl Beeby
Spelling
  • Like 1