You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
IMPORTANT: We will no longer promote events by VATSIM Divisions or vACC's posted in this forum. This section will transition to allow for publishing of unofficial events and groupflights. Contact your vACC director for event publishing access to myVATSIM. ×

I want to plan an unofficial/informal Fly-in with a Flight (Point A to B)

Clif Maloney

Clif Maloney
Posted
Posted

The idea I have is to have an announced (informal and unofficial) fly-in of Just Planes PA-28/R Turbo Arrow IV owners.  Where? When?  I don't have a clue. But I have several questions:

• Assuming plane-to-plane communication will be conducted on the VAT-SIM server, what coordination is required and with whom?
  • What frequency(ies) would be assigned, assuming 122.7, 122.8, 122.9, etc?
  • Assuming this will be a VFR event, any thoughts on airport selection?
  • IF a point-to-point event is chosen (at controlled airports), what coordination is needed with VATSIM?
  • Have I forgotten/overlooked anything?

Thanks in advance.

Clif Maloney

Spicewood, TX (84R)

Christian Kovanen
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Clif Maloney said:

The idea I have is to have an announced (informal and unofficial) fly-in of Just Planes PA-28/R Turbo Arrow IV owners.  Where? When?  I don't have a clue. But I have several questions:

• Assuming plane-to-plane communication will be conducted on the VAT-SIM server, what coordination is required and with whom?
  • What frequency(ies) would be assigned, assuming 122.7, 122.8, 122.9, etc?
  • Assuming this will be a VFR event, any thoughts on airport selection?
  • IF a point-to-point event is chosen (at controlled airports), what coordination is needed with VATSIM?
  • Have I forgotten/overlooked anything?

Thanks in advance.

Clif Maloney

Spicewood, TX (84R)

You have overlooked the VATSIM Code of Conduct section A16. For "plane-to-plane communication" you have to use private messages or some other platform like Discord, Skype, TeamSpeak etc.

A16 - Members shall not carry out private conversations over any communication channels, frequencies, or resources, with the exception of private messages, while connected to the VATSIM Network. The guard VHF radio frequency (121.500) shall not be used.

Christian Kovanen
Director of VATSIM Scandinavia
Membership Audit Team Lead

Clif Maloney
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the clarification.  It was an oversight on my part.