You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New Member Orientation Test failed due to website crash

• orientation test
  • test

Ates Guner

Ates Guner
Posted
Posted

Hey, new user here. I just took the New Member Orientation Test but when I submitted the exam I got a host error. The website appears to be working now but it appears that my answers were not recorded on the exam thus I received a score of 0%. Am I able to take the test again? If so does previously receiving 0% on the test affect my reputation?

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

You can retake the test after 1 hour, and it will not effect your reputation.

Andrew

Ates Guner
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Andrew McCabe said:

You can retake the test after 1 hour, and it will not effect your reputation.

Andrew

Thank you for your reply but it has been well over an hour and the option to retake the exam still doesn't appear.

Edited by Ates Guner
rephrase

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hello, I show that 3 hours ago, right about the same time as you posted your last note, you took and passed the exam with a 100%.  So your account is now in active status and ready for you to connect.  Sorry for any confusion, and welcome to VATSIM!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Thomas Mennella
Posted
Posted

Hi - I'm a brand new member of VATSIM.  Very excited to use this service!  I completed the new user orientation course, but when I tried to take the exam it was a blank page.  After 15 min, it eventually timed out (while I tried to troubleshoot) and now the option to take the test is gone.  I get a "Test was submitted bc you ran out of time" message.  Any help that anyone can provide, I'd appreciate.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Reese Livermont
Posted
Posted

My exam wouldn't even load. It just showed 'submit exam' and 'save draft' it also showed the timer as well. and the timer expired now I have to wait to retake it.

Reese Livermont
Posted
Posted

it has been 4 hours since I attempted the exam. And I still cannot take it because it says, "Your exam was submitted because you ran out of time!" idk what to do

Wim Peeters
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem: blank page and questions not appearing.....

Matvey Safyannikov
Posted
Posted

Dear support staff, I confirm that issue with entrance test exists.

My mate is trying to take an exam, but the page is blank and for three days this notification has been appearing.

image.thumb.png.561a68441308da43df7eabe8c45ed827.png