You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Stream Sniping

Dan Giordano

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

Can we please get a handle on the controllers continuously stream sniping us? We can be sitting at a gate for 30 minutes prepping a flight with not ATC in sight. Then all of a sudden when we are ready to push back, they connect. The only reason is because we are live on twitch. Please stop the stream and traffic sniping. If you are on when I connect, I have zero problem going through the proper channels for clearance and ect.

Thank You.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 4

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Unless the controller disconnects immeditly after you depart, of wich you have not identifed in your potst. Then the controller is entitled to log in whenever they want, regardless of the phase of flight, or preflight you are going though.

1 hour ago, Dan Giordano said:

The only reason is because we are live on twitch

Lack of evidence, to suggest this is the reason some one is logging into provide ATC. So this is an accusation based off an assumption.

• Like 5

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dan Giordano said:

If you are on when I connect, I have zero problem going through the proper channels for clearance and ect.

... but if a controller logs on after you're already at a gate, you DO have a problem?

If so, why?

• Like 3

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted (edited)

Why? Because he ruins your experience of flying without ATC on an online network?

Edited by Martijn Rammeloo
  • Haha 5

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Dan Giordano said:

The only reason is because we are live on twitch

How do you know this to be true?

• Like 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

And even if it was true: how do you dare complaining about a service that is delivered to you. If you do not want to get annoyed by ATC, fly offline. Please.

• Like 4

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

It's pretty disingenuous to refer to it as "stream sniping," too, when a VATSIM controller logs on to provide ATC services, whether or not he targeted the time and location because you were there.  I watched the stream in question, Daniel.  All he did was clear your partner on the exact route he already filed and prepped, before you got annoyed and disconnected without even calling him up.  So it wouldn't have even required any real effort on your part if you had just stayed on, gotten your clearance, and went on about your flight normally.  I hope you never experience true "stream sniping" but I'll tell ya -- this ain't it.

• Like 8

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• Matthew Bartels locked this topic