You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VPilot remote IP address wrong

Glenn Stevens

Glenn Stevens
Posted
Posted

Vpilot host (V2.8.4) says it is listening for vPilot remote on a particular IP address.  But its the wrong address for the computer running vPilot remote.  I cant find where to change this setting.  Ive removed and reinstalled vpilot but it keeps coming up with that same IP address.  

Could someone explain how to change that?  I cant find anything in the config.xml file that looks like a setting.  

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's not the remote IP, that's the host IP ... the IP that the host is listening on. That's why it says "Listening for remote connections on IP(s): xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx". This is shown in case you don't know the IP of your host machine, and you can then easily enter it into the settings on the remote.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Glenn Stevens
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ross.  Yes the remote version is listening on the correct ip address (of the host which is 192.168.1.135).   But the host says it is listening for a remote connection on IP address 192.168.1.8,  while the remote address is actually 192.168.1.14.  I cant change that.   So the host finds no remote connection.   There must be a config somewhere?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The host listens on its own IP ... it does not listen on a remote IP. The host does not care what the remote's IP is.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Glenn Stevens
Posted
Posted

ok thanks

I understand now