You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Where to do pilot tests?

Martijn Joon

Martijn Joon
Posted
Posted

Hi! 
basically the title says it all: where can I do the pilot tests? (New pilot, PPL etc?) do I have to subscribe with an VA or independent training organisation for that?

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

The New Pilot test can be done after you go through the New Member Orientation Course which can be found at my.vatsim.net/learn. After that you can join one of VATSIM's Air Training Organisations, details at my.vatsim.net/pilots/atc for the higher ratings.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Martijn Joon
Posted
Posted

Thanks!!

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

The Training Organizations that offer Pilot Training are listed here: https://my.vatsim.net/pilots/atos

Tomas Hansson

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Good catch, sorry about the typo! I blame the Laphroaig...

• Haha 2

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

• 2 weeks later...
Calum Watt
Posted
Posted

I've just regsitered with Vatstar. Looking forward to getting started with them.

• 2 weeks later...
john charles
Posted
Posted

Sit at a busy airport and tune in to activity as a observer..You can learn so much as a new pilot as how delivery,ground,tower and approach all work together and also learn stars and sids relevant to the airport..I always found the taxi instructions at Atlanta interesting as the taxiways are endless..Good luck with your training..