You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Tip: record your ATC sessions

Robert Shearman Jr

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Hello all --

I was talking with a few controller friends about last night's FNO and some of the antics and shenanigans they experienced -- a pilot disconnecting and repositioning in an attempt to jump the line, a few "can I talk to your manager" moments, etcetera.

After replying to say how grateful I am that my livestream acts as a means to cover myself against any unfair allegations of wrongdoing, it occurred to me that Streamlabs at least has an option to create a local recording whether or not you're broadcasting on a streaming service.  Other stream software probably does as well.  If hard drive space is limited, consider lowering the framerate well below broadcast quality in order to keep the file size down, and keeping it only for a week or so just in case any complaints arise.  But even at a very low framerate (more than adequate to capture a scope screen), it could certainly prove valuable if anyone tried to complain about you if they were the ones who were actually in the wrong.

Just some food for thought.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

That's so unfortunate that this is needed. 😕

KntU2Cw.jpg

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

In fairness, "need" may stem more from paranoia than actual necessity -- but it's good peace-of-mind for the controller considering whether to get online who may fear being on the wrong end of a dispute like that.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Tim Simpson
Posted
Posted (edited)

This was suggested as well, a while ago, by the controller who shall not be named.  I thought it was a good idea.  I do that as well when I fly online for the same reason.  Occasionally as a pilot, you bump into an ATC situation that should be addressed after the fact.  It's easy to post a private snippet for an ATM or DATM to view, and follow up on.

The reality is, I usually do this with OBS to capture the hilarity that often ensues during a big event, like last nights cluster down at MCO.... LOL.   

Edited by Tim Simpson
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...
Robert Merrill
Posted
Posted

I think this answers my question, "is it permitted to record VATSIM sessions?"

I want to do so for my own improvement as a pilot, and to share with a friend who want to know what online flight simming is like.

Matisse VanWezer
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Robert Merrill said:

I think this answers my question, "is it permitted to record VATSIM sessions?"

image.thumb.png.ad2e04f3c8c0160e2dc05abe25f42ff1.png

The CoC is an important document 😄

Streaming Brussels Control since 2018 on MatisseRAdar - Twitch to create time lapses on YouTube and TikTok

• 1 month later...
Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

It has not happened is a while but when there is a CoC violation a recorded session provides evidence for an investigation.  Fortunately I have not seen any bad actors in a while other than AFK pilots that need to be bumped from the network.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations