You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot not reporting AC model

Felix Krohn

Felix Krohn
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

for  little while now I have the issue that vPilot is not reporting my aircraft model. ATC has been asking few times, also on VatSpy it is not shown. However, I haven't changed anything in my settings. I tried to re-enter the aircraft model, but this also doesn't work. Yes, I have the latest version. Do you have any suggestions?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It sounds like you're talking about the aircraft type code in your flight plan. How are you filing your flight plan?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 3 weeks later...
Felix Krohn
Posted
Posted

Sorry, it's been awhile since I was online...

I'm filing in vPilot. Upon clicking "connect", I'm asked my callsign and a/c type. Then, I just click on flight plan, file and send it.

The transmission of the a/c type to VATSIM has worked before, so I wonder where this issue comes from.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I don't know exactly what you're saying. All I know is that vPilot works fine for thousands of users, so it's not a software issue with vPilot. I think I would need to see a real time example of what you're describing.

Felix Krohn
Posted
Posted

I know it is working fpr most people, as it has worked for me.

I have some screenshots attached:

First one: This is where I choose my a/c type upon connecting with vPilot.

Usually you should see (e.g. in VatSpy) the a/c type of the pilot, as in the example with ANA2465 - in that case B738.

In my case, however, no a/c type is shown. And this is NOT an issue of VatSpy, as I am frequently asked by ATC which a/c type I'm flying! So, somehow vPilot is not reporting my chosen a/c type.

Issue1.jpg

Issue2.jpg

Issue3.jpg

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I wonder if it has something to do with the aircraft equipment code being invalid?  Your last connection shows that you filed with an equipment code of B77L/H-L.  There is no such thing.  Try filing just with an L.  And if you want to denote that you're a heavy, you click the Heavy box in your flight plan window (if filing via vPilot) (or the Wake Category if filing via the VATSIM Prefile page).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Sounds like maybe an issue with the server messing up the flight plan equipment fields.

Felix Krohn
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2022 at 3:57 PM, Don Desfosse said:

I wonder if it has something to do with the aircraft equipment code being invalid?  Your last connection shows that you filed with an equipment code of B77L/H-L.  There is no such thing.  Try filing just with an L.  And if you want to denote that you're a heavy, you click the Heavy box in your flight plan window (if filing via vPilot) (or the Wake Category if filing via the VATSIM Prefile page).

Okay - honestly, I have no idea, where that L or H comes from. Sorry, gotta read through that again. I'm not willingly putting the H there - when I'm a heavy, I just click the box in the vPilot as you described it.

Edit: I just looked at this suffix-thing. I never filed L as a suffix, neither did I file H. (So Suffix was empty) However, as I just filed the L as a suffix and resent the flightplan, it worked. Seems like the server messed some things up.

Thanks!

Edited by Felix Krohn

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

When you file the flight plan from vPilot, are you checking the "Heavy Aircraft" checkbox? And what are you choosing from the "Equipment Suffix" dropdown?

• 2 weeks later...
Felix Krohn
Posted
Posted

I am checking the heavy box when I fly heavy. Problem occured in both occasions. However, I left the equipment suffix empty. Now that I checked "L", it seems to be fine.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What were you using before, instead of L ?