You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Freq(s) not showing up in com 1 & 2 (also wrong frequencies in sidebar)

• freq
  • freqencies
  • not working

Paul Greenberg

Paul Greenberg
Posted
Posted

Hi - I log in fine but sometimes there are no frequencies in the com 1 & 2 boxes; resulting in not being able to communicate.

Also the frequencies in the sidebar appear wrong based on what I see in VATSPY

Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted

You must make sure your avionics are turned on in the flight deck of whatever you're flying, meaning you'll need to make sure your master, battery, or avionics master switch is on. If the radio stack in your airplane isn't on, xPilot simulates the on/off state of your avionics and you won't be able to use the radios at all.

As for the frequencies, VATSPY is simply an excellent tool that allows you to see aircraft and ATC that are online, not an official resource for frequency information. If you have any doubt as to which frequency you should be using, you would want to defer to what xPilot is telling you since it is literally your connection to the network and is populated by each controller when they log on and "prime up." As you fly more, you will likely be assigned frequencies that do not show up in xPilot because some controllers like to use multiple frequencies when they're working.

Paul Greenberg
Posted
Posted

Thanks!!! the avionics master was the problem.  I should know better....

Re: frequencies; I understand how they work.  The issue was the xPilot sidebar would should say Boston center and Vatspy would show ground and approach; different freq numbers.  Im guessing this will go away when I turn on the master avionics but will seee later today

Thank you so much again!