You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connecting to vatsim without F12 key.

Muhammad Nabil

Muhammad Nabil
Posted
Posted

Hello, my keyboard is only 60%, so it doesn't have the whole function row key. Is there any other way of connecting to the network without the F12 shortcut. I tried asking on VATUSA discord, and still I haven't find a way to connect to the network.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, F12 is the only way. Maybe you could remap another key on your keyboard to F12?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Muhammad Nabil
Posted
Posted

Thanks, i forgot to reply to this thread yesterday. Turns out (FN) + (=) is F12.

Muhammad Nabil
Posted
Posted

Hey, today i have a separate problem on vStar. If i press Ctrl + R wont open the RDVS panel.
I tried it on other facilities file but it's the same, I also tried using my right Ctrl key but it still doesnt work.
Please let me know if you want me to open a new thread regarding this specific issue.
Thanks in advance

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Muhammad Nabil said:

If i press Ctrl + R wont open the RDVS panel.

This is likely an issue with your keyboard, as it has worked fine in vSTARS for years.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Muhammad Nabil
Posted
Posted

My mistake again. It actually opens the RDVS on the very bottom right corner. I couldn't see it yesterday because it was covered by the windows notification.