You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AIG not showing correct aircraft type

Mark Foister

Mark Foister
Posted
Posted

Hi there, 

I had a problem where certain aircraft were not showing correctly in VATSIM and AIG support has said it will be a vpilot issue. So this is what I have said to them below: 

I will start off with the vatsim issue. I was at Zurich and there was a callsign BAW717T and he has filed as Aircraft type B748 but it was showing him as a 787 and there is an Air Canada who is showing as an A320 but he filed as a 777 ?? The VMR is perfectly fine and when i used the dot aircraft command in Vpilot it was using the VMR but aircraft are showing wrong which is very confusing especially when I have that airline installed on AIG (I don't use the traffic controller as I always fly on VATSIM)

So I am stuck at the moment with what is going on ?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The first thing to note is that it doesn't matter what the other pilot "filed as". The flight plan is not involved in model matching. This is because we have to be able to perform the model matching process even for aircraft that haven't filed a flight plan. Therefore, the important thing is what type of aircraft the user connected as. In other words, in your BAW717T example, they filed as a B748, but what did they choose as an aircraft type when they connected to the network? The .aircraft list should show this.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mark Foister
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

The first thing to note is that it doesn't matter what the other pilot "filed as". The flight plan is not involved in model matching. This is because we have to be able to perform the model matching process even for aircraft that haven't filed a flight plan. Therefore, the important thing is what type of aircraft the user connected as. In other words, in your BAW717T example, they filed as a B748, but what did they choose as an aircraft type when they connected to the network? The .aircraft list should show this.

When I did that command and checked, Indeed it was B748 which was chosen,

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Then the most likely culprit is a bad entry in the VMR file.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC