You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Findings from testing r33

Jonas Kuster

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Hello Gergely

Thank you for providing again an update for EuroScope.

I've started testing it (to verify if it can be promoted for our vACC members) and would like to open this topic to collect some feedback, but also invite other members to share their feedback, thus to confirm or disprove any observations.

For myself, it might be important to mention that I used version r26 before. So any differences I observe are compared to r26.

So far, I observed the following points:

• performance / fluency is significantly lower, the reaction time of clicks, dropdowns is longer
  • BUG: Auto display METAR of active airports has no longer an affect, I get METARs displayed of all airports where I have a runway selected, independent from the the activation of the airport

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Mark-Julius Pikat
Posted
Posted

Haven't tested r33 operationally yet, but thank you for the sim timer! A great addition for better exercise following

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat
Chief Executive Officer of VACC Estonia mark-julius.pikat [at] estvacc.org
Head of VATEUD Examining Program mark-julius.pikat [at] vateud.net

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Anyone else having issues as well getting updated flight plans from pilots?

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Erik Wachters
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm testing this version for a while and the only problem I can find is that during a sweatbox session some aircraft start descending to 1600ft (A16). A16 is shown in the CFL field and upon spawning, the plane starts descending. I tried the same scenario again on R29 and there everything was fine.
These are 3 of the tracks that started the descend:

@N:RYR2LH:5254:1:50.5165:7.644:40000:0::0
$FPRYR2LH:*A:I:B738/L:445:LKMT:1525:1525:40000:EGSS:01:59:2:59:EGNX:/V/:UPLAV DCT MIKOV DCT MASUR DCT LADAG DCT DEXIT DCT INBED DCT BOMBI DCT ADKUV DCT SOGRI DCT DENUT L608 SUMUM Y6 TOSVA
SIMDATA:RYR2LH:*:*:25:1:0.010
START:0
DELAY:10:25
$ROUTE:
REQALT::
INITIALPSEUDOPILOT:EBBU_W_CTR

@N:ETD37A:5716:1:50.5385:7.623:36000:0::0
$FPETD37A:*A:I:B789/L:490:OMAA:0330:0330:36000:EGCC:07:30:8:30:EGLL:/V/:DCT DAXIB P553 UKUVO G462 TUMAK/N0490F360 L602 DAVUS/N0487F360 L602 TASMI/N0488F360 UL602 ALPET L718 KABAN/N0481F360 UL718 ULSAB UL614 GEM/N0474F380 UT32 BUK UL602 MAKOL DCT ORTIP DCT MOPUG DCT ABETI DCT TAGAS DCT RENKA DCT INBED DCT BOMBI DCT ADKUV DCT DENUT L610 LAM UN57 WELIN T420 TNT DAYNE2A
SIMDATA:ETD37A:*:*:25:1:0.010
START:1
$ROUTE:

@N:CXI7Q:4753:1:49.128:3.997:31000:0::0
$FPCXI7Q:*A:I:B738/L:446:GCLP:2020:2020:31000:EDDK:04:45:5:45:EDDG:/V/:VASTO/N0449F360 DCT BAROK DCT TOSDI UN745 ZMR UN873 NUBLO/N0450F380 UN873 DELOG DCT GODEM DCT USODA/N0445F340 DCT GONEK DCT TABOV UN858 TSU/N0415F280 UN858 RANUX/N0411F270 UN858 VALEK UM163 DIK N853 ARCKY T853 IBESA T860 LEDMU/N0345F170 T860 ERUKI T856 DEPOK DEPOK1V
SIMDATA:CXI7Q:*:*:25:1:0.010
START:2
$ROUTE:

Thank you!

E.

Erik Wachters
Posted
Posted

Another problem I have on my low end pc is performance. Sometimes ES blocked for 10seconds or more. 

During my last session I had to go offline and rollback to R29. 

Thx

E. 

• 2 weeks later...
Travis Chan
Posted
Posted (edited)

It looks like the auto assume on ground state set option cannot be unchecked. When you try to save with the option off, it auto renables. The only way to bypass this is to go into the General.txt file and manual change the text file from 1 to 0 for "option m_AutoAssumeOnGroundStateChangeButton:0"

Also note, if you decide to make any other changes to the general settings, auto assume will default back to on even if you select not to save that option. You will need to go back into the text file and repeat the step above to reset to off.

Edited by Travis Chan

Travis Chan (1402756)

Deputy Division Director

[email protected]

6BWg8WR.png

Marko Tomicic - 1359931
Posted
Posted

Anyone had an issue where Departure List wouldn't show planes even tho airport is selected as active, frequency is set, and pilot have a valid flight plan?

I got reports from 2 members on r33 for this situation.

• 2 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

The "Auto display METAR" is already fixed.

Jonas do not you happen to have EuroScope_crash_.dmp and EuroScope_crash_.txt files next to the EXE?

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
On 2/13/2022 at 6:04 PM, Gergely Csernak said:

Jonas do not you happen to have EuroScope_crash_.dmp and EuroScope_crash_.txt files next to the EXE?

Negative, unfortunately. But it seems I now got it under control with removing and re-adding some plugins. Might be related to the strange behaviour of the plugin list up/down. Maybe I used a sequence of commands that was out of the expected behaviour.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Another internal report I just received: Is it possible the sorting of the departure list according the departure sequence number was changed? It seems impossible to bring no. 1 on top of the list. All flight plans with an empty value are listed first now (this was different in r26).

I would highly appreciate an option anyway to manually manipulate the sequence (push a specific flight plan to a specific position, remove one from the sequence), especially for flight plans with the same ground status (switch sequence between aircraft having the same ground status). In my opinion, the sequence should be an independent value that can also be manipulated through the plugin interface. An initiation (adding a flight plan to the sequence as number last) with a specific ground status change (my proposal would be either start-up or taxi) would probably offer exactly the level of semi-automation which supports controllers best.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

• 2 weeks later...
Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

METARs

On 2/13/2022 at 5:04 PM, Gergely Csernak said:

The "Auto display METAR" is already fixed.

Fixed in r33, or in the next release? I am still getting the behaviour in r33 of any runway selected on the right hand selection meaning a METAR shown - see image. In previous revisions, only those airports that are actively owned by the controller (i.e. the left hand side ticks) determined METAR display.

image.png.574519affcd44afc18e00c33a4ce310b.png

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

No nonsense controlling Twitch - HazControl ✈️

@HVatsim

Adrian Bjerke
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Harry Sugden said:

Fixed in r33, or in the next release?

Next release according to an email one of the sectorfile dev's in Norway had with him regarding this issue.

• Like 1

Adrian Bjerke
[email protected]
VATSIM Scandinavia

Logo VACCSCA

• 2 weeks later...
Bernardo Reis
Posted
Posted

We are having some issues with the ATIS generation.

First, we had to remove the "-" in our ATIS link, otherwise Euroscope didn't extract the information.

Another problem we have now is with the runway: 

Our link is https://pvaccatis.herokuapp.com/?metar=$atisairport&rwy=$arrrwy($atisairport)&letter=$atiscode&show_freqs=true&lvp=false
When extracted by Euroscope, the rwy=($atisairport) doesn't seem to be correctly handled.