You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

new pilot: Can I still do airline flights with a p0 rating?

James Balas

James Balas
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

So I'm new to vatsim and would like to fly some "airline" routes. I just completed my p0 test and passed so does this mean that I can fly like a p5 pilot? IRL, I have my recreational pilots permit meaning that I can fly planes alone so its not like I'm a noob.. Or is it that I still need a higher rating? Also, If I do decide to pursue a higher rating such as lets say p2, how long will it take me to reach it? 

Thank you.

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Welcome, James. Yes, after passing the P0 you can start flying on VATSIM, whether it's airliners or GA or helicopters or whatever, is up to you. You can get the further ratings, however they are not mandatory. VATSIM ratings got overhauled recently and are now called PPL, IR, CMEL and ATPL, more in line with the real world. You can find the VATSIM ATOs (Authorized Training Organizations) here: https://my.vatsim.net/pilots/atos. How long it takes for you to complete it, depends on yourself and I guess instructor availability at your chosen ATO. Good luck with the ratings if you decide to pursue them!

KntU2Cw.jpg

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

I have not taken any examns....

ACH2118.jpg

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
On 1/8/2022 at 2:26 AM, Lauri Uusitalo said:

I have not taken any examns....

And that is not an issue. :)

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Alistair Thomson said:

And that is not an issue. 🙂

Perhaps I should have done...

ACH2118.jpg

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

You can still do it.

KntU2Cw.jpg