You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Receiving no voice on vPilot

Felix Angstmann

Felix Angstmann
Posted
Posted

Hello everybody

Without having anything changed at all on my system (that i know of), i can't hear any voice on vpilot (with P3Dv5) anymore. The "RX" button in the top remains dark as well even though there are transmissions on the frequency. The other users can hear me fine and the "TX" button illuminates as well.

I tried updating windows as well as all kinds of drivers on my system but nothing helped.

Has anyone an idea of what could be going on?

Best regards and thanks for your help in advance

Best regards

Felix

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Do you have an ASUS Motherboard?  Do you have a program called Sonic Studio?  There have been a number of recent posts in the forums that people with ASUS Sonic Studio active are having the same issue.  The solution seems to be to delete that program and reboot your computer.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Felix Angstmann
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Don Desfosse said:

Do you have an ASUS Motherboard?  Do you have a program called Sonic Studio?  There have been a number of recent posts in the forums that people with ASUS Sonic Studio active are having the same issue.  The solution seems to be to delete that program and reboot your computer.

Hey Don

Thank you for your response. Yep, that was it! I disabled the "sonic studio virtual mixer" in the device manager and it's back working.

Best regards

• Like 1